An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charleston Shooting Suspect (Derailed: Confederate Flag Debate)

I remember seeing that Church on a tour of Charleston.  It's beautiful and has a feeling that a lot of prayer has happened there.  It's going to need an exorcism after this thing. 

The guy just has such a creepy vibe. How are people like this not noticed ahead of time? I guess he was acting like a weirdo but nobody reported it. Then again it's not against the law to be weird nor should it be I guess.  

I noticed the discussion has immediately focused on the Confederate flag. Which, really? I don't like it either.  But if you get rid of it from the Confederate War Memorial that action will not magic away the beliefs this person had which can be found in society. That would require something harder. It's just strange how the media pivoted as one to this IMO fairly peripheral issue. It's like in Europe where if you ban the swastika you find out that doesn't get rid of neo-nazism. 

I hate the Confederate flag and everything it stands for. They all can't be burned fast enough in my opinion.

Edited by Guest

NadaTeTurbe

I hate the Confederate flag and everything it stands for. They all can't be burned fast enough in my opinion.

​In Europe (at least France and Germany), Nazis flags are forbidden. instead, facist & neonazis uses confederate flag.