An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charleston Shooting Suspect (Derailed: Confederate Flag Debate)

Ok, clarify here,Win. Are you on the fence or do you really not care about this topic? :) You're right though - 16 pages - not a circle, more like a figure 8 on its side, infinity.the never ending argument........

The flag means whatever each person thinks it means. What it was employed to represent is a matter of history. The government that used it was on the side of the confederacy, which was formed in response to nullification of the fugitive slave laws. Secession was in fact an attempt to preserve slavery in the South. It wasn't noble, it wasn't based on liberty. There is nothing noble in preserving slavery. It's disgusting.

On the other hand, Abraham Lincoln didn't support invasion of the confederacy to free slaves. He was a piece of garbage nationalist scumbag who employed kidnapping to man his army (It was called conscription because those who belong to the cult of the State are morally bankrupt).

Northern Government: Scum

Southern Government: Scum

Individual soldiers: Mostly poor dumb bastards dealing with the fallout from the actions of pieces of garbage in political offices.

I will neither fly nor bother to destroy the flag of the confederacy or the flag of the union. They are equally ridiculous, although the latter certainly has more murder under its shadow than the other. That's not what it means to everyone, sure. But whatever. I want people to fly their ridiculous flags. Mark themselves. Gives me a little bit of an idea what I'm dealing with.

AccountDeleted

The flag means whatever each person thinks it means. What it was employed to represent is a matter of history. The government that used it was on the side of the confederacy, which was formed in response to nullification of the fugitive slave laws. Secession was in fact an attempt to preserve slavery in the South. It wasn't noble, it wasn't based on liberty. There is nothing noble in preserving slavery. It's disgusting.

On the other hand, Abraham Lincoln didn't support invasion of the confederacy to free slaves. He was a piece of garbage nationalist scumbag who employed kidnapping to man his army (It was called conscription because those who belong to the cult of the State are morally bankrupt).

Northern Government: Scum

Southern Government: Scum

Individual soldiers: Mostly poor dumb bastards dealing with the fallout from the actions of pieces of garbage in political offices.

I will neither fly nor bother to destroy the flag of the confederacy or the flag of the union. They are equally ridiculous, although the latter certainly has more murder under its shadow than the other. That's not what it means to everyone, sure. But whatever. I want people to fly their ridiculous flags. Mark themselves. Gives me a little bit of an idea what I'm dealing with.

Interesting perspective. Food for thought.

I feel a better response to the Civil war would have been for the soldiers on each side to turn around a kill every single one of the members of their respective ruling classes. Including the dumbass generals obeying the orders of the most worthless portion of humanity, which has always been the political class.

Okay, the best response would have just been for the soldiers to say "no". The gutless wonders in elected office would mostly not have done anything. The few that did could have been beaten into submission.

This is what should be done today. Just say "no". Problem is, the enforcement class has the tendency to murder the hell out of anyone who says "no" to the political class. Best just to keep your head down and obey.

In the US, we've had an all-volunteer army since 1972. The Air Force, Marines, and Navy have been all-volunteer much longer than that. 

So I wouldn't say the political class has been murdering the hell out of anyone who says "no" to them - at least not lately. 

And that's primarily because the Viet Nam-era anti-draft protesters chanted "Hell no! We won't go!" long and loud. And, in fact, the president caved to the people rather than the people caving to the president.  

Edited by Luigi

The more American Gutmenschen denounce the Confederate flag unisono, the more sympathy I have for the Lost Cause :)

Should get my hands on a Confederate flag, before it's too late :twitch:

AccountDeleted

I feel a better response to the Civil war would have been for the soldiers on each side to turn around a kill every single one of the members of their respective ruling classes. Including the dumbass generals obeying the orders of the most worthless portion of humanity, which has always been the political class.

Okay, the best response would have just been for the soldiers to say "no". The gutless wonders in elected office would mostly not have done anything. The few that did could have been beaten into submission.

This is what should be done today. Just say "no". Problem is, the enforcement class has the tendency to murder the hell out of anyone who says "no" to the political class. Best just to keep your head down and obey.

I like the idea of just saying no to things like stupid wars. But it might not be possible.As you point out, enforcement wouldn't let us.