An Old School Catholic Message Board

vee's randon stuff thread

vee

Neat.  Two different Polish parishes I know (thousands of miles apart) have large crucifixes like this in their front yards - but I haven't seen field crucifixes.  I've seen a couple front yard shrines though.

Part of my internet time-wasting endeavors is browsing panoramio pics in Bavaria for field crucifixes, shrines and chapels. The countryside is inundated with them. Pretty amazing, seeing as Germany is pretty secular nowadays and according to a one of the resident religious phatmass who resides there, Germany is mission country.

Part of my internet time-wasting endeavors is browsing panoramio pics in Bavaria for field crucifixes, shrines and chapels. The countryside is inundated with them. Pretty amazing, seeing as Germany is pretty secular nowadays and according to a one of the resident religious phatmass who resides there, Germany is mission country.

Hmm, just did a check - and while 30% of Germany on the whole calls itself Catholic, 52% of Bavarians do.  I think Germany's been a mission country ever since Luther. 

• 3 weeks later...