An Old School Catholic Message Board

Number of hours of sleep in contemplative community

NadaTeTurbe

NadaTeTurbe

haha, so in the north (i.e not in Toulouse & bordeaux), they call the "chocolatine" a "pain au chocolat", when in the South (Toulosue & Bordeaux), we call it a chocolatine. So people in the north mock southerner because "chocolatine" is ridicule, and us we are very proud to make the difference between the two :D 

tumblr_nloqk8xFLF1sw9n2ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_nloqk8xFLF1sw9n2ko2_540.jpg

tumblr_nloqk8xFLF1sw9n2ko3_540.jpg

truthfinder

Take a baguette. Cut it in two. Put chocolate into it. You have mastered the first level of french childhood. 

The supreme hapiness is still when you go into a bakery and your mom buys you a chocolatine : 

So, is this like a bar of milk or dark chocolate between bread or is it spread chocolate (akin to nutella)? Because, either way, this is amesome.  

I don't know what we call them in Canada, but I've definitely had a chocolatine (or at least the Tim Horton's equivalency).

NadaTeTurbe

It's a bar of milk or dark chocolate between bread ! 

(my mom also did bread, butter, and chocolate powder on the butter.) 

(I really miss the time where my mom did my afternoon snack) 

Sponsa-Christi

This thread is making me nostalgic for Rome! One of my favorite small things about living in Italy was that chocolate was a legitimate breakfast food. My go-to daily breakfast was a hunk of bread with a think layer of nutella.

truthfinder

It's a bar of milk or dark chocolate between bread ! 

(my mom also did bread, butter, and chocolate powder on the butter.) 

(I really miss the time where my mom did my afternoon snack) 

!!!!!

I'm an absolute chocoholic and not even in my wildest dreams would this be a thing - now I've got an excuse to eat chocolate for a meal. 

Strictlyinkblot

Chocolate comes from the cocoa bean so chocolate is a vegetable. Therefore it counts as one of your five a day. Yes, I am in denial

Strictlyinkblot

And I'm not quite sure how we went from discussing hours of sleep to chocolate as a breakfast food but I like it

puellapaschalis

Eh, bunch of girls talking about living arrangements like how much sleep you get - chocolate was bound to come up sooner or later. Our hearts are restless until they rest in You, but chocolate will help us along just a little bit more.

Eh, bunch of girls talking about living arrangements like how much sleep you get - chocolate was bound to come up sooner or later. Our hearts are restless until they rest in You, but chocolate will help us along just a little bit more.

LOL

Sr Mary Catharine OP

We have an old Hershey's recipe book for Healthy and Nutritious Food and on the back are various chocolate sandwiches and one was toasting 2 pieces of whole wheat bread (of course!) and putting a whole bar of chocolate in the middle!

I haven't been able to convince the kitchen to have that on the supper menu!

puellapaschalis

We have an old Hershey's recipe book for Healthy and Nutritious Food and on the back are various chocolate sandwiches and one was toasting 2 pieces of whole wheat bread (of course!) and putting a whole bar of chocolate in the middle!

I haven't been able to convince the kitchen to have that on the supper menu!

I am so making this tomorrow.