An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will The Catholic Church Marry Same Sex Couples?

This will never happen right? And if it ever did then I would be led by the Holy Spirit to cease being Catholic correct? I can't see this ever happening in the Church but tbh I'm overwhelmed by how many people support this. It's nearly everyone I know. I'm a little shocked. This came out of nowhere. It really feels satanic.

Edited by Guest

yes you seem overwhelmed, deep breaths, pray!  Pray especially to Our Lady of Perpetual help as today is her feast day

10421258_950728581657862_255103343601532

June 27, MEMORIAL OF OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP

O Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may ever invoke thy most powerful name, which is the safeguard of the living and the salvation of the dying. O Purest Mary, O Sweetest Mary, let thy name henceforth be ever on my lips. Delay not, O Blessed Lady, to help me whenever I call on thee, for in all my temptations I shall never cease to call on thee, ever repeating thy sacred name: Mary, Mary. Oh, what consolation, what sweetness, what confidence fills my soul, when I pronounce thy sacred name, or even only think of thee. I thank God for having given thee, for my good, so sweet, so powerful, so lovely a name. But I will not be content with merely pronouncing thy name; let my love for thee prompt me ever to hail thee, Mother of Perpetual Help.

Credo in Deum

This will never happen right? And if it ever did then I would be led by the Holy Spirit to cease being Catholic correct? I can't see this ever happening in the Church but tbh I'm overwhelmed by how many people support this. It's nearly everyone I know. I'm a little shocked. This came out of nowhere. It really feels satanic.

Josh, two people of the same sex cannot be married naturally or sacramentally, so theologically speaking they could never be truly married in the Church.  It would be a mock marriage ceremony in a Catholic Church, and any participants, I would assume, would be committing a sacralidge.  

Also no, you would not be led by the Holy Spirit if you ceased to be Catholic because the actions of one priest or even a Pope do not discredit the Doctrines of the Catholic Faith.  

Edited by Credo in Deum

This question makes as little sense as 'When you keep walking in a circle, will you ever reach a point outside it?' or 'Can you make a square with eight corners?'

This question makes as little sense as 'When you keep walking in a circle, will you ever reach a point outside it?' or 'Can you make a square with eight corners?'

Sorry a lot of Catholics online who are critical of the Pope insinuate they are preparing to break off or already are. Things seem confusing. So if a future Pope gave a blessing for Sacramental Homosexual Marriages in the Church He would instantly become an antipope? And therefore the doctrine wouldn't really change?

Edited by Guest

Nihil Obstat

Sorry a lot of Catholics online who are critical of the Pope insinuate they are preparing to break off or already are. Things seem confusing. So if a future Pope gave a blessing for Sacramental Homosexual Marriages in the Church He would instantly become an antipope? And therefore the doctrine wouldn't really change?

Not instantly, no. But such a pope could be deposed if protocols are properly followed.

But whatever would happen, no doctrine would not change. It us well and truly impossible with no exceptions whatsoever for doctrine to change.

Actions taken outside of the limited authority granted by God would be invalid. Maybe God would prevent the action through some supernatural means, or maybe not.

So a future Pope couldn't claim to be speaking infallibly and say Homosexual marriage is not a sin and  give His blessing for Priest to marry homosexuals?

Nihil Obstat

Actions taken outside of the limited authority granted by God would be invalid. Maybe God would prevent the action through some supernatural means, or maybe not.

Honest question: do you still believe that the pope has authority?

Honest question: do you still believe that the pope has authority?

I'm multivalent (it's like ambivalent, but with more minds).