An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Real Presence

Strictlyinkblot

puellapaschalis

They use the word 'Spanish' to talk about where the veil is made. You're talking about how you think Spanish women always wear their veils. ¡Hagan lio!

:coffee:

NadaTeTurbe

Spanish women don't always wear their veils at all (I am half spanish - i have the two nationality and even if we own a ton of mantilla, I have never wear them), unless it is special occasion (semana santa, or you're the Queen of Spain and you meet the pope), or some parish. 
And if they are made in Barcelona, then they are Catalan mantilla :D (just kidding) 
The best mantilla ever (my grandmother married with a mantilla like this, I hope I can wear it if, God willing, I enter religious life) 

El-papa-Francisco-saludo-al-re_544072965

I might give it a try, if I get inspired...

Same here, if only in gratitude for my discovery of the mocha-coloured mantillas on their site! They say they began to make them for women who wanted a more unobtrusive veil. That's me. I have a beautiful lace mantilla in creamy ivory, but it feels too ostentatious to wear for anything other than a very special occasion (I may save it for when I make my final vows :) ). The mocha one is much more discreet and I will order it at once.

MarysLittleFlower

Same here, if only in gratitude for my discovery of the mocha-coloured mantillas on their site! They say they began to make them for women who wanted a more unobtrusive veil. That's me. I have a beautiful lace mantilla in creamy ivory, but it feels too ostentatious to wear for anything other than a very special occasion (I may save it for when I make my final vows :) ). The mocha one is much more discreet and I will order it at once.

i have a mocha coloured one for that exact reason... I wear the white one for the Latin Mass and the other one if I'm at a parish where veiling isn't the custom and it might stand out. I also have scarves for that reason.