An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding a Good Home for a Spare Mantilla

beatitude

I'm having a clear-out and I've found a beautiful soft mantilla in creamy ivory lace that I bought as a spare and that I don't wear. It is a very nice one and cost the equivalent of $40 when I got it. If I can find a Catholic woman IRL who wants it, I will give it to her, but if not it's free to a good Phatmass home. Conditions: you must be a woman who doesn't already own a mantilla (I'm not sending it to someone who's got a whole collection) and who would definitely get some wear out of it. I don't want to be reimbursed for international shipping, but if the person who takes it would be willing to make a small donation to the emergency humanitarian appeal for Yemen (80% of the population there needs some sort of aid and the food shortages are terrible), that would be appreciated.

What a lovely offer! Could you post a picture of it?

If no one here takes it, maybe you could donate it to your local church? There is a Catholic women's veiling page that I belong to that might be able to give it to someone who can't afford her own.

NadaTeTurbe

We have a lot of mantilla at home, and we decided to keep only the historical one. I gave the others (along with a station of the cross that I couldn't use) to my local traditionnalist parish, and the priest was able to gave them to two news converts :) If you don't find a home for this mantilla, see if you can do the same !