An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christian Baker Fined & Silenced

Luigi

she's also a fruit loop who chewed her baby's food and spit it into the infant's mouth. Because she thinks we're birds I guess.

#themoreyouknow

she's also a fruit loop who chewed her baby's food and spit it into the infant's mouth. Because she thinks we're birds I guess.

#themoreyouknow

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

Nihil Obstat

Girl, are you a conservative Christian cake baker against homosexual marriage? Because you are fine(d)!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Every club can have a dress code and legally all who enter the establishment are required to adhere to the dress code. Just write a code of entitlement for purchase and stick it on the front door of your business and than there is no confusion as to who can and who can't purchase products at any particular shop. Easy loop hole to apply.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Every club can have a dress code and legally all who enter the establishment are required to adhere to the dress code. Just write a code of entitlement for purchase and stick it on the front door of your business and than there is no confusion as to who can and who can't purchase products at any particular shop. Easy loop hole to apply.

That wouldn't work. Such things don't trump existing laws or court decisions, such as on protected groups or characteristics etc. Terms of service only apply on neutral matters and have to be reasonable. A way a baker could prevent problems is simply to sell ready made wedding cakes without any additonal personal service. That way they prevent requests for wording or to make a certain cake they don't want to make. However, if a same sex couple come in to buy a standard cake (like any 'off the peg' type thing) then I can't see why there would be a conflict as the cake is not made specially or adapted for the couple. But there will always be 'someone' I guess.

Personally, if I knew a business didn't want my custom then I'd prefer to know and spend my money somewhere else. But I guess the idea of shopping around is OK, but in practice it can be difficult. In a small community someone could really struggle to access services if they keep being refused service. The law needs to set an open access standard somewhere for the benefit of the community as a whole.