An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pictures of Consecrated Life in the diocese of Tarbe-Lourde

NadaTeTurbe

NadaTeTurbe

Well I think I answered my own question.  I went to close the tab the picture was on and saw the tab was titled paix.  Paix = peace so it may be their sign of peace. :doh:

I have seen oriental religious who do the same : one keep hand closed, and the other take them. But maybe I should go ask them... I would not mind going here :D 

(btw, you have a lovely avatar !) 

They're a cheery lot, aren't they? :)

My husband's exact words...in Dubrovnik, 1972, in the small parlor of a convent/monastery. One nun behind the glass (?grille?), the other came in and the both greeted each other with much merriment.  I think that they were Orthodox. ;)

My husband's exact words...in Dubrovnik, 1972, in the small parlor of a convent/monastery. One nun behind the glass (?grille?), the other came in and the both greeted each other with much merriment.  I think that they were Orthodox. ;)

We don't do grilles or glass, but the merriment sounds pretty Orthodox :)

Edited to add: what was your husband doing in Dubrovnik?

Edited by marigold

NadaTeTurbe

btw, here is the website of the dominican sister that you can see with the sheeps, Sister Marie-Ancilla : 

http://mancilla.op.free.fr/Biographie.php Her life : she's a dominican sisters, having live in France and Cameroun, and worked on a lot of subject. 
http://mancilla.op.free.fr/livres.php Her books, on Mary, Dominican Saints, Rosary, Father of the Church... Quite impressive ! 
http://mancilla.op.free.fr/liens.php : What you can read by her on the net. Many very interesting articles on Charismatic catholic, spirituality, rosary, Lourdes, dominicans... If you want to work your french... 
She also writed e-books on the life of little-known dominican sisters :) 

We don't do grilles or glass, but the merriment sounds pretty Orthodox :)

Edited to add: what was your husband doing in Dubrovnik?

We were vacationing there.  Dubrovnik is absolutely gorgeous, of course.  I bought some lace from the nuns, woven out of agave, and framed it against a beautiful pink moire silk in a gold frame. Sorry I can't attach it, the file is too large.

HERE it is---lace woven by Orthodox nuns in Dubrovnik out of agave fiber.

lace.JPG

HERE it is---lace woven by Orthodox nuns in Dubrovnik out of agave fiber.

lace.JPG

Oh, that's beautiful, Yaatee!