An Old School Catholic Message Board

Little Sisters of Jesus

Journeywithchrist

It's funny, because I went to meet the Little Sisters of Jesus today, and we spoke about the same things, mainly about how they pick a job, how they live it, how they try to pick simple jobs that every body have, so they can be close to the poorest and the simplest, and how they try to never be in a position of management, etc... They gave me a book about Little Sister Madeleine life, by a german girl, do you know it maybe ? And then we went to the chapel, to adore, and they explained to me why they have a statue of Mary with the little Jesus. I can't wait to read Sister Madeleine life, and I hope, before the end of the year, I can read something written by sister Madeleine. 

I hope you stay in touch with them and keep us updated ! We will pray for your community of Little Sisters ! 

Some of Little Sr Magdeleine's writings are available online. There is a little book she wrote mainly for the novices and women interested in becoming a Little Sister. It's here, and it's beautiful - a very simple text that changed my life.

NadaTeTurbe

Thank you ! I plan to read it in french - to really get it, you know, but I have two other religious book to read before (one on the eucharist, and one by the actual prior of Taizé). Too much book, so little time.