An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fabulous win by the US Women's Soccer Team

Yaatee

Epic goals which will be played and replayed by women's and men's coaches alike.  A huge vindication of Title IX and women's soccer, women's sports....and women, in general, of course.   ;)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

rivalry? doesn't saint paul warn us against that?

p.s i don't really like being the downer but aye.

oh and no pun intended to the o.p. Many christians get into competitive sports. I don't mind sports for fun, i just hate making another human being/s feel like a looser, if it's just for fun the score doesn't really matter. :)

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
p.s

franciscanheart

They were pretty amazing. My pride was soaring that day after all my fuss about watching this team do amazing things in this tournament. People were all "this is not any fun" and then THAT GAME. Hell yes, I knew that was the team I was watching all along!

Nihil Obstat

rivalry? doesn't saint paul warn us against that?

p.s i don't really like being the downer but aye.

oh and no pun intended to the o.p. Many christians get into competitive sports. I don't mind sports for fun, i just hate making another human being/s feel like a looser, if it's just for fun the score doesn't really matter. :)

This is silly. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with competitive sports.

Epic goals which will be played and replayed by women's and men's coaches alike.  A huge vindication of Title IX and women's soccer, women's sports....and women, in general, of course.   ;)

Too bad many men's sports programs had to be killed in the process.

My biggest issue is that the mens team got $35 million for losing and the women's team got $2 million for winning. Still a ton of money,  but dang bro. And its funny cause they doubled the winnings for the womens cup a couple years ago because they thought it was too low...snicker.

franciscanheart

oh my goodness (don't blasphemy). If one more person beeshes about how much the women made financially in this tournament...

They didn't have to go to the tournament. They didn't have to participate. Let's start there. And since I'm already hated by feminists for starting there, let's get to the real point: IF WOMEN'S FOOTBALL WAS SUPPORTED IN THE SAME WAY MEN'S FOOTBALL HAS BEEN SUPPORTED FOR UMPTEEN YEARS, THEY TOO WOULD BE RECEIVING BOUCOUP. But women's football HASN'T been supported in the same way. People DON'T watch with the same fervor as they do the men's teams. They don't show up to the matches the way they do for men's teams. They don't buy the merch, interact on social, etc. It's a BUSINESS. When the women start pulling in consistent viewership -- both in person and on the telly -- they will start seeing the money the men do.

Did you know that in the United States, we have had three different women's national leagues? The first two folded after three seasons each. THREE SEASONS. That's ludicrous.

I feel like I'm not all that intelligent and even I can see why the women making less RIGHT NOW is totally fair.

Want to see the women get more money? Watch more games. Go to more matches. This is not personal, it's business.

For everyone who thinks the women were cheated for receiving "so little" financially for their win: http://www.businessinsider.com/womens-small-soccer-salaries-are-fair-2015-7

The good news is that, at least for now, people are doing what is required to see these women earn more: http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/13217266/national-women-soccer-league-upbeat-potential-windfall-via-world-cup

Edited by franciscanheart

Women playing soccer, one of the most ridiculous things egalitarianism has brought us. 

Edited by Catlick

NadaTeTurbe

Women playing soccer, one of the most ridiculous things egalitarianism has brought us. 

Woops, I'm one of the most ridiculous things egalitaranism has brought us. I'm super proud of it actually. I can't play it since a year, and I regret it so much. Dealing with idiot like you was so good.