An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why hasn’t President Obama ordered American flags to fly at half-staff in the wake of the Chattanooga shooting ?

To be honest although it's very sad and horrifying situatuon, if we had our flags lowered every time a service member was killed in action these last 10 years, it would be lowered constantly and it would no longer be something that gets people's attention. 

So instead we set aside entire days - we honor all of our military dead on Memorial Day. 

Because you watch too much Fox "News".

I don't watch fox news. I don't even watch TV. I was just curious. It was just a question. Chill. 

To be honest although it's very sad and horrifying situatuon, if we had our flags lowered every time a service member was killed in action these last 10 years, it would be lowered constantly and it would no longer be something that gets people's attention. 

So instead we set aside entire days - we honor all of our military dead on Memorial Day. 

Sorta what I thought. Although I thought there might be an exception because it happened here in America.

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist

There's a difference however in this case from other cases of service men and women dying in attacks. This happened on American soil, the victims were unarmed, and it was an terrorist attack. For these types of attacks flags are ordered at half staff by the President. For example after the Fort Hood attack, an attack very much like the Chattanooga attack, flags were ordered to half staff and also after the Boston marathon bombing flags were ordered to half staff.

Why the President doesn't order the Flag lowered in the honor of the five killed is known only to the President and those whom he may have informed why, but it does appear inconstant and inconsiderate.

There's a difference however in this case from other cases of service men and women dying in attacks. This happened on American soil, the victims were unarmed, and it was an terrorist attack. For these types of attacks flags are ordered at half staff by the President. For example after the Fort Hood attack, an attack very much like the Chattanooga attack, flags were ordered to half staff and also after the Boston marathon bombing flags were ordered to half staff.

Why the President doesn't order the Flag lowered in the honor of the five killed is known only to the President and those whom he may have informed why, but it does appear inconstant and inconsiderate.

can you then explain why flags were flown at half-staff for whitney huston http://jacksonville.com/news/2013-04-28/story/fact-check-did-obama-order-flags-be-flown-half-staff-whitney-houston-not-navy  and evidently Chris Christie in the article is noted for thinking it was a good idea to do the same for another musician.

Thanks RHINO Christie, Thanks Obama <3

KnightofChrist

can you then explain why flags were flown at half-staff for whitney huston http://jacksonville.com/news/2013-04-28/story/fact-check-did-obama-order-flags-be-flown-half-staff-whitney-houston-not-navy  and evidently Chris Christie in the article is noted for thinking it was a good idea to do the same for another musician.

Thanks RHINO Christie, Thanks Obama <3

I cannot, I'm not Obama and I'm not Christie.

dominicansoul

My heart is at half -staff

:cry3:

hate to see our military taken out like dogs...and I don't expect any respect from this current administration...

May their souls rest in peace... :amen:

Our military takes other people out like dogs too. Killing people generally isnt a nice affair.

KnightofChrist

Our military takes other people out like dogs too. Killing people generally isnt a nice affair.

And when that happens do you have milk and cookies?