An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Barron appointed as Aux. Bishop of LA

Seven77

Prayers for Bishop elect Barron.  

fify. ;)

But I 100% agree, praying for him and the other new bishop elects. 

Edited by Amppax

truthfinder

Ok, so this raises a few questions for me.  Fr. Barron will make one of seven auxiliary bishops in Los Angeles.  He hadn't been a head of that seminary for that long either, so I guess they'll need someone to replace him there.  Does anyone know what the other auxiliaries are like? The others are all in their sixties, with one in his seventies.  I know Los Angeles has a lot of Catholics, so do the various bishop-tasks get divided up by the auxiliaries?

He's certainly got my prayers.

Nihil Obstat

Ok, so this raises a few questions for me.  Fr. Barron will make one of seven auxiliary bishops in Los Angeles.  He hadn't been a head of that seminary for that long either, so I guess they'll need someone to replace him there.  Does anyone know what the other auxiliaries are like? The others are all in their sixties, with one in his seventies.  I know Los Angeles has a lot of Catholics, so do the various bishop-tasks get divided up by the auxiliaries?

He's certainly got my prayers.

The bit I read about Bishop elect Dave O'Connell was a bit discouraging. He was quoted at one point as being in favour of women's ordination. Possible he was misquoted, to be fair. And he praised Mahony in his public statement, which I find to be distasteful and rather concerning.