An Old School Catholic Message Board

How do you know if you know God

superblue

MarysLittleFlower

I believe we get to know God simply by loving Him :) how would you speak to your closest friend? How would you speak of your friendship? We can start a prayer to God just by taking to Him about His love and yours. This can grow into affective prayer which can lead to contemplation if God wishes. 

Christ made him known to me since knowing the real Christ is knowing God too. 

How do I know that I know God? God made it known to me thru his Christ.

Although I failed to recognize him and committed a crime again him during that day when God reveal his Christ to me, nevertheless... today, I can see clearly since he left me for a while. My Lord did it for me and I know, sooner or later, he will come again for me and for all of us who are waiting for him. (I am not referring to your historical Jesus because, I am referring to the other Jesus.)

How do I know that I know God? Because, I know my Lord while God alone can reveal his Christ.  .

You failed to recognize God? Who did you think He was - your uncle Larry?

It sounds like nonsense to me. Sorry!

You failed to recognize God? Who did you think He was - your uncle Larry?

It sounds like nonsense to me. Sorry!

Of course, it is nonsense to you. Read Acts Chapter 9 and you can see something like this 

that ....Saul become blind for three days after the ‘light from heaven’ flashes around him.

Do you think you can recognized that Light from Heaven (i.e. Jesus) if you are still blind?

---------------------------------------------------------------

You are an insult to all Catholics and I want to remind you once again what Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor 2:14

•  The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. (NIV)

Ah okay let us read in KJV (or whatever bible version you like)

• 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (KJV)

Edited by reyb

Of course, it is nonsense to you. Read Acts Chapter 9 and you can see something like this 

that ....Saul become blind for three days after the ‘light from heaven’ flashes around him.

Do you think you can recognized that Light from Heaven (i.e. Jesus) if you are still blind?

---------------------------------------------------------------

You are an insult to all Catholics and I want to remind you once again what Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor 2:14

•  The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. (NIV)

Ah okay let us read in KJV (or whatever bible version you like)

• 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (KJV)

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/mental-health-screen/psychosis-screen