An Old School Catholic Message Board

If I didn't always pray the Rosary wearing the scapular but then start later, is it still valid?

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

One of the requirements is praying the Rosary... I got permission for this. If I didn't always pray the Rosary wearing the scapular but then start later, is it still valid? 

• 2 months later...
blazeingstar

There are many different types of scapulars (brown, green, etc) with each their own devotions.  Some do "require" some element or another in order to receive the full graces allotted.  However, God is not a stingy God of devotional laws.  There is still some grace that reverberates simply by being faithful and desiring.  Now, this faithful love MUST be different than superstition, as well as sincere.  

I didn't know many prayers and fumbled my way around the rosary for many years.  I never knew there were mysteries of the rosary and that's supposed to be the focus of meditation.  I was very trouble by this and asked a priest if my many years of praying were in vain.  His answer was "of course not!"  He explained that my piety, devotion and love of God and Mary gave me graces that were not ordinarily granted in the rosary, though I may have "missed out" on the grace afforded by praying the mysteries, God could easily add that to my life when I began to reflect upon them.