An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Low-Wage Restaurant Workers Be Paid More?

Gabriela

On 11/24/2015, 1:15:37, Peace said:

What do you propose to help people stuck in those types of jobs to get into something better?

It's too late for that.  Once God was pushed out of American society, morals went down drastically.  Starting wage jobs that were supposed to be for teens until they got a good manufacturing job, were replaced by a welfare state.

People want to end abortion.  They had one chance to do that in 1973 before it got started.  Having a march in DC and then taking a break for lunch and commiseration isn't going to do it.  That said, I salute those good and wonderful people for trying.

16 hours ago, Gladius said:

It's too late for that.  Once God was pushed out of American society, morals went down drastically.  Starting wage jobs that were supposed to be for teens until they got a good manufacturing job, were replaced by a welfare state.

People want to end abortion.  They had one chance to do that in 1973 before it got started.  Having a march in DC and then taking a break for lunch and commiseration isn't going to do it.  That said, I salute those good and wonderful people for trying.

With God all things are possible.

Our low income buys a hundred times more food and clothing than most destitute immigrants and refugees can afford in there host country

isn't it ironic that the reason so meny people want to immigrate is to be lifted out of poverty and the reason most givin for abortions in this country is low income

you could say one mans ceiling a is another mans floor, or something to that effect

qualified

• : having the necessary skill, experience, or knowledge to do a particular job or activity : having the qualifications to do something

grad_zpssqxtn7mr.png

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎20‎:‎15‎, Gabriela said:

But then you need a law that states that all hourly workers get a minimum work week of at least 30 hours unless they ask for less, because then management can simply schedule said employee for less hours and the employee still comes out making the same amount  of money they were before and simply ends up doing the same thing before which is working two jobs or more just to get by. An then one need some kind of right to work law on top of that, and then demand that employers give reasons why they are terminating an employee and give that employee at least a months notice so they are not left out in the wind looking for work.

Other than that the world just needs to stop China from their slave labor  practices and stop importing and exporting just about everything from them. But then Walmart would be outa business , and then what would the world look like.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎23‎:‎50‎, Winchester said:

My wife runs a tutoring company. It has very low overhead because the company operates at the houses of tutors or students. She pays her tutors roughly 4 times the going rate, reduces rates for people in need, and often provides free help. It's essentially a co-op amongst the workers. I fully support it. Of course, she has to spend a lot of money to be sure she doesn't run afoul of the IRS. You know, because they're the source of social justice, and will social justice her butt right into a cell if they feel an error warrants it.

reported 2 irs lol but really I did