An Old School Catholic Message Board

consciousness

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

Does anyone have any views on how we can avoid the two opposite errors of dualism and materialism while considering this? 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Only God knows what perfection is. That is true self awareness. The complete submission to the fact that we are only human and that we don't actually know. Desire is an expectation of ones idea of what perfect is, and desire gives birth to sin. Our idea of perfection may not actually be perfection. Without saying kill, rape, murder, destroy, hate. Hate is true imperfection, because to hate another is to hate oneself, because we are all sinners right?

This to me is consciousness otherwise known as self awareness, and it doesn't have to be intellectual although it can be, it just has to be an acceptance. I doubt animals have this finite point of conscious awareness of the being and the massiveness of the mystery of life and our utter littleness and the absolute need for God. Most are not self aware.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Nihil Obstat

Does anyone have any views on how we can avoid the two opposite errors of dualism and materialism while considering this? 

I think a workable theory will have to treat the body and the soul as equally necessary in an existential sense, even if one or the other might be more important for certain particulars.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Interesting Jo$h, but that whole download onto a microchip is the mark of the beast and the free mason illumanati are already onto it. No thanks. But glad a scientist is trying to proove that it is possible to have life after death. I'm going to watch the punjab one as well, or is he hardi krishna, both punjab and hardi krishna both believe there is only one God.

MarysLittleFlower

I don't believe we can make a consciousness artificially or after death and I believe its wrong to try... I think even though the brain is involved it still needs a soul to actually happen. Just to be alive we need a soul. People who think we can make any artificial life don't believe in the soul I guess, but whatever the thing is, it wouldnt be alive or conscious. 

Interesting Jo$h, but that whole download onto a microchip is the mark of the beast and the free mason illumanati are already onto it. No thanks. But glad a scientist is trying to proove that it is possible to have life after death. I'm going to watch the punjab one as well, or is he hardi krishna, both punjab and hardi krishna both believe there is only one God.

He doesn't believe it can be downloaded. He merely says its a theory by some. He actually believes consciousness occurs at the quantum level and therefore it's separate from the body and will continue after death.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

scary stuff. Those that accept the mark are guarenteed hell for eternity, or perhaps revelations is talking only to christians that accept the mark.