An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question regarding Passionist Nuns +

das8949

Has anyone heard when Postulant Nora will receiver her habit?

Also can anyone tell me what Order these Sisters are from please?

???

Nuns

fb2bcc34611e133ebee2feb36431d6cc.jpg

TYVM in advance!

Marie Villalovos Smith

Nora entered in July 2015, she should be receiving her habit anytime now. Haven't seen a date as yet. PAX

truthfinder

The last one is Benedictines - from somewhere.  Hard to tell unless someone recognizes a particular nun.

I'd like to know what the first ones are also; it's a very particular habit - some sort of modified scapular thing.

NadaTeTurbe

The second picture is of Daughters of St. Paul. :)

I'm always mistaking the Daugters of St Paul for the Daughters of Charity, their habits are so much alike ! 

I'm always mistaking the Daugters of St Paul for the Daughters of Charity, their habits are so much alike ! 

Nada, you're back!!

HopefulHeart

Yes, they do look similar!

I tried to search google for the first picture, but I was not successful. 

NadaTeTurbe

So I googled the first image, and find this : 

http://www.alternatiefkostuum.nl/collectie/beroeps_gal34.php

But then, there is other original nuns costums in the same album  "http://www.alternatiefkostuum.nl/collectie_kostuums/religieuze_kleding_gal11.php or http://www.alternatiefkostuum.nl/collectie_kostuums/religieuze_kleding_gal13.php

and they speak of kostuums" = costume ? 

I think they are a society who offer imaginary costumes of religious and sisters

He is Risen!

That yellow "habit" is really something! Makes me think of something that an ancient Egyptian might wear (sphinx-y)!

So I googled the first image, and find this : 

I think they are a society who offer imaginary costumes of religious and sisters

I agree I think its a costume and not from any particular Order.  Note also their hands are all in different positions.  If Im not mistaken most religious communities ask that sisters keep their hands put nicely in a certain uniform way.     

He is Risen!

In the community I was in we were supposed to keep our hands down by our sides for formal posed pictures, but if it's a candid photo, you get what you get!