An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Dominican Souls Here?

Kateri89

I've never heard of this community but stumbled upon the video.  They look lovely :)  I just wanted to post this for all of you Dominicans (even if you're not actually in religious life yet).

I've never heard of them either, but what a beautiful video!  Franciscan, sorry...............

I'm Franciscan as well but they just looked like a very beautiful community so I wanted to post it.

Present!

Hahaha how appropriate...well then this video is for you!

IgnatiusofLoyola

Despite my username (which reflects that my birthday is the feast day of St. Ignatius of Loyola), I'm a Dominican at heart. 

Of course, I'd have to wear an apron all the time (except in chapel, of course) because I am very messy. My habit wouldn't stay white for long! :paperbag:

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Despite my username (which reflects that my birthday is the feast day of St. Ignatius of Loyola), I'm a Dominican at heart. 

Of course, I'd have to wear an apron all the time (except in chapel, of course) because I am very messy. My habit wouldn't stay white for long! :paperbag:

Do you think our habit stay white!? :-) I manage to get dirty even with an apron!

IgnatiusofLoyola

Just another reason why Carmelites are better! :) 

Sorry Vee. Even if I fit the Carmelite charism  (which I don't) I look terrible in brown! :)

Note in case it wasn't obvious: The above was a joke. I would never pick a Community based on the way I looked in the habit. However, the statement that I'm not a Carmelite (or a Franciscan or a Poor Clare) is true. Besides, the whole thing is moot since I'm not only not Catholic, but I have health problems that would be a canonical impediment to Community life. I'm a lonely little petunia among all of you rose petals. :idontknow: