An Old School Catholic Message Board

so, I used to be CoffeeCatholic

CoffeeCatholic

CoffeeCatholic

I just came back again after a long break and I noticed that my display name is now what my username used to be.  I want me name back!!  How do I go about that.

Also, hi! I quit Facebook, so now Phatmass, you got me back.

CoffeeCatholic

it's frustrating to me. :(  I don't honestly know how I ended up with "Lyzabeth" considering I joined NINE YEARS AGO when I was in college, in a totally different state, not even engaged to my now husband and father of my 4 kids.

yeah.  Life happens.  I want my name back.

IgnatiusofLoyola

it's frustrating to me. :(  I don't honestly know how I ended up with "Lyzabeth" considering I joined NINE YEARS AGO when I was in college, in a totally different state, not even engaged to my now husband and father of my 4 kids.

yeah.  Life happens.  I want my name back.

Other people have had problems with their usernames under the new system, and the unfortunate fact is that this is a problem only @dUSt can fix. He has fixed usernames for others, and hopefully he will see this thread and fix your problem. @dUSt is logged in a lot, but not all the time. He has lots of other responsibilities, including his own four kids. (I apologize if I've gotten the number of dUSt's kids wrong.)

IgnatiusofLoyola

Yep. Just a cross to bear.

Huh? I never said this. My post was completely different!

If you need to change my posts, please just delete them. Don't put words in my mouth. I wouldn't have said this. I would have said something similar to my earlier post in this thread. I don't think I have ever said "This is a cross to bear" in my life. 

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola

Is Iggy an admin now?

Definitely. dUSt offered me a huge amount of monetary compensation that I couldn't refuse. :)

I have absolutely no clue who changed my post, but it WAS changed.

I do understand why. Based on the post before (which has also been changed), I was under the mistaken impression that users could now change their own user names.

Since my post was repeating incorrect information, I wish that it simply had been deleted, rather than putting words in my mouth.

The new post makes me sound like a Catholic, and I don't want to lead anyone to mistaken conclusions. I'm not sure why I'm so sensitive, but I am. Although it's not obvious, on Phatmass I pick my words pretty carefully so that no one is mislead. And, a lot of times I simply say nothing.

Nihil Obstat

Definitely. dUSt offered me a huge amount of monetary compensation that I couldn't refuse. :)

I have absolutely no clue who changed my post, but it WAS changed.

I do understand why. Based on the post before (which has also been changed), I was under the mistaken impression that users could now change their own user names.

Since my post was repeating incorrect information, I wish that it simply had been deleted, rather than putting words in my mouth.

The new post makes me sound like a Catholic, and I don't want to lead anyone to mistaken conclusions. I'm not sure why I'm so sensitive, but I am. Although it's not obvious, on Phatmass I pick my words pretty carefully so that no one is mislead. And, a lot of times I simply say nothing.

You see that underneath your display name though, right? I am not going crazy am I? It has the spinning cog and says "Part of The System", which I think is only for admins.

IgnatiusofLoyola

You see that underneath your display name though, right? I am not going crazy am I? It has the spinning cog and says "Part of The System", which I think is only for admins.

"Part of the System" means that I have enough posts to change the title under my username, but I haven't bothered to do so. There are several other users who have the same designation.

Mediators of Meh have a different designation.

Plus, although I am older and wiser than Credo, I am not as diplomatic and patient as Ash, and I don't have Winchester's ability to say exactly what others are thinking, but are afraid to say.

Not to mention that the fact I'm not Catholic would greatly limit my ability to make wise judgements when moderating certain debates.

Nihil Obstat

"Part of the System" means that I have enough posts to change the title under my username, but I haven't bothered to do so. There are several other users who have the same designation.

Mediators of Meh have a different designation.

Plus, although I am older and wiser than Credo, I am not as diplomatic and patient as Ash, and I don't have Winchester's ability to say exactly what others are thinking, but are afraid to say.

Not to mention that the fact I'm not Catholic would greatly limit my ability to make wise judgements when moderating certain debates.

Now I feel silly. :)

I can honestly say that I have never noticed anyone else with that tagline.