An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts?

Ash Wednesday

This is garbage. I recommend you find a different facebook page to follow.

We are also not going to engage in a "TLM vs. New Mass" debate on here, either.

AccountDeleted

Oh thank you Ash. I would prop you but I ran out of them today. The last thing we need  around here is more Catholic vs Catholic debates.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Did saint francis actually say there is no salvation outside of the catholic church? I tend to think the goat in the book of daniel that rammed the ram and stole power from heaven is such people that put God in a box and steal from the world his power to save whomsoever he chooses, and that we are actually coming back to the roots of christianity where God is all powerful and can do whatsoever he pleases, though of course i am not saying that the doctrine of muslims, protestants,pagans etc is correct or in anyway can save them but holy scripture tells us strictly that grace is available to all people now and none have excuses and those outside of the faith will be judged by the law written on there own heart, which to me means thy will be judged the same as us as to whether they listened to the grace of Christ or not and lived out the gospel of repentance, though of course Christians are assured salvation if they are baptised, repent and believe, therefore doers of the word and not just hearers, where as those outside of Faith are not assured such salvation. All just my opinion.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Ash Wednesday
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Unsure if praying at a mosque is so good, but the pope probably understands better than me and king solomon did a lot of un orthodox things but not evil to keep the peace with possible enemies of israel, i pray and worship at protestant churches and remain fully catholic, but when it comes to the quaran there is a lot of stuff i don't agree with although they believe they are worshiping the one true God, and true they may be trying to in essence but honestly i believe some of there holy book is actually unholy and protestants believe in the same bible as us although there are some books missing unfortunately which disables there ability to spread the good news although it may not effect there salvation, but in a sense they don't get the fullness of truth though 1 crumb from heaven has the power to save the world.

Ash Wednesday

I think there are times when popes do things that can make people uncomfortable, including his own flock -- to a certain extent I think in matters of some personal opinions a pope may have, or ecumenical gestures a pope may make, it's perfectly fine for a Catholic to respectfully disagree with something a pope does or says. So long as they are charitable and still support him as pontiff and respects his office.

What I object to in the original post was the person making that graphic branding Pope Francis as a wishy washy do-nothing heretic. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I am not anti anyone or anything, i am just pro christ and try and focus on that though of course try not to stay blind to matters that can effect my faith and salvation and the faith and salvation of those around me whether christian or not. Scripture tells us that all things are lawful but not all things are beneficial, i guess that beneficial means beneficial toward our salvation personally and communally. Can the whole world be saved? Anything is possible to God.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Unsure if praying at a mosque is so good, but the pope probably understands better than me, i pray and worship at protestant churches and remain fully catholic, but when it comes to the quaran there is a lot of stuff i don't agree with although they believe they are worshiping the one true God, and true they may be trying to in essence but honestly i believe some of there holy book is actually unholy and protestants believe in the same bible as us although there are some books missing unfortunately to there determent in the sense that they don't get the fullness of truth.

These people are so uneducated it's sad. Arabic Christians use the word Allah. 

Do they, cool, i think i have heard that somewhere also. But i understand the ankst of such people worrying about how the church goes about dealing with other bodies outside of christs.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Also 1kings 11, may shed some light on whats going on. In the light of 1kings 11 i believe the pope being a biblical scholar must be utterly convinced that the muslims worship the same God as us, although of course not in the fullness of faith. I will not judge whether he is correct or not because i do not know. And our brothers and sisters in christ whom are against this must also be utterly convinced that muslims do not worship the same God.

Perhaps when st paul was saying " all have access to grace no exceptions" that he was directly talking to and about those who believe. Some take this point of view and reject that he was saying the whole world when he said all.

These people are so uneducated it's sad. Arabic Christians use the word Allah. 

I was thinking that too. Allah simply means God in another language, but some talk like it's a specific name of a deity.:oops:

Agreed it's garbage. 

It's cool  Phatmass makes it clear without question how garbage it is. I'm glad I found Phatmass.

Edited by Guest