An Old School Catholic Message Board

Personality Disorder Test

AccountDeleted

I'm also Dexter. 

Also, Nihil, I stopped watching SOA for the same reason. Not before I'd binge watched at least half of it though. 

Nihil Obstat

I'm also Dexter. 

Also, Nihil, I stopped watching SOA for the same reason. Not before I'd binge watched at least half of it though. 

Yeah, I did about four or five episodes. Just could not justify continuing though.

I got Sherlock. I think all this says is that there's a strong likelihood Sherlock Holmes was secretly Catholic.

Could be - Catholics are mainly "high-functioning sociopaths" - not particularly interested in people with leanings towards schizoid personality disorders?:mad:

I guess if one is going to be a sociopath, Sherlock is one of the better ones?? :) I wonder how many types there are in that test. Some day I might take a few more to see what I get.

From memory there are about five.  When I first cut and pasted, all five appeared :sad:for some .......um........strange reason............. although my reading had said Sherlock.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

AccountDeleted

I've posted it on my family's private website. It will be interesting to see the results. I have my own ideas about different people but it all depends on how they perceive themselves when they answer the questions.

I am not a big fan of anti-heroes either, but sometimes I get sucked into a story or into the characters and then I feel I need to see it out. I started Breaking Bad with no idea of what it was about and felt sorry for poor Walter and even felt I could understand why he felt driven to what he was doing in the beginning, but it soon escalated into something way far outside my comfort zone. I did watch it through to the end (curiosity by this time - same as House of Cards) but just felt the whole thing was a kind of morals tale - do this, this will happen. Maybe it was meant to be that way? I don't know.

But I found the quiz to be fun.

I got Dexter :smokey:

Now a true sociopath would skew the test or give a different answer. Are you sure so many of you really are Sherlock :think::twitch:

AccountDeleted

I got Dexter :smokey:

Now a true sociopath would skew the test or give a different answer. Are you sure so many of you really are Sherlock :think::twitch:

:smile4: too true. Can we be the one we like best instead? I think being Heisenberg would be great! LOL

I binge-watched Breaking Bad one year over Christmas vacation because my students wouldn't shut up about it so I figured I'd better watch it so I could "relate to their world" or some nonsense. I came out the other end with a severe case of "mean world syndrome".

I don't recommend that series to anyone. At least not in binge format.

AccountDeleted

I binge-watched Breaking Bad one year over Christmas vacation because my students wouldn't shut up about it so I figured I'd better watch it so I could "relate to their world" or some nonsense. I came out the other end with a severe case of "mean world syndrome".

I don't recommend that series to anyone. At least not in binge format.

Like many shows, it got meaner and darker as it went along. In the beginning (that's how they smell of elderberries you in) you get attached to some of the characters, then bad things happen, then the characters start acting out of character and then they start doing bad things. It really is a kind of lesson about how the slippery slope to hell is paved with good intentions. Start slow and then before you know it, you are evil! 

And like you, I usually watch a series from start to finish because I watch it on Netflix. I like a really long series (several seasons) because it's like reading a long book, it goes on for a long time, but about 2/3 of the way through most series, you wonder how you got sucked into watching it!

AgnesHolyInnocents

I was just wondering tonight what type of sociopath I am, and the answer was right here on Phatmass! :P I'm Sherlock too. I don't even have tv, so I haven't seen any of these shows. I wish they had a "Which saint are you?" test! :saint: Now I just need to find out what color my brain is...;)

Like many shows, it got meaner and darker as it went along. In the beginning (that's how they smell of elderberries you in) you get attached to some of the characters, then bad things happen, then the characters start acting out of character and then they start doing bad things. It really is a kind of lesson about how the slippery slope to hell is paved with good intentions. Start slow and then before you know it, you are evil! 

And like you, I usually watch a series from start to finish because I watch it on Netflix. I like a really long series (several seasons) because it's like reading a long book, it goes on for a long time, but about 2/3 of the way through most series, you wonder how you got sucked into watching it!

If you liked Downtown Abbey, you'll LOVE The Grand Hotel. And it is LOOOOOOONG!

I wish they had a "Which saint are you?" test! :saint: 

I think there is one of those. Didn't PhuturePriest or somebody post one a while back?

• Ash Wednesday featured and unfeatured this topic
Ash Wednesday

I have created a new thread for the saints quiz and moved all subsequent discussions of it there because I think it warrants its own topic, and the saints are just that great. :saint2:

AccountDeleted

I have created a new thread for the saints quiz and moved all subsequent discussions of it there because I think it warrants its own topic, and the saints are just that great.

Great idea!