An Old School Catholic Message Board

Personality Disorder Test

AccountDeleted

haahaahaahaahahahaahahahaha

I'm Walter Freaking White

hahahahahahahahaha

But on a bad day you better call me Heisenberg.

BB-S5B-Walt-590.jpg

I got him too! :|

IgnatiusofLoyola

I guess if one is going to be a sociopath, Sherlock is one of the better ones?? :) I wonder how many types there are in that test. Some day I might take a few more to see what I get.

I think that's the basic problem. Speaking only for myself, I suspect I could be diagnosed with a number of personality disorders, but being a sociopath is not one of them. In fact, while other people are attracted to sociopathic characters on TV shows, I'm not. I simply don't watch those shows. I know some sociopaths, and I try to stay as far away from them as I can.

Sorry, but Catholic has nothing to do with it. :)

I wish I was Walter White!

I guess Dexter isn't so bad. Oh wait, yes it is. :lol:

Well, if it's any comfort, I got Dexter too. 

MarysLittleFlower

How do you all define sociopath? I learned the clinical definition (I majored in psychology) and I don't know if that's actually the popular one... Usually don't people mean something else? Gotta take the test :)

AccountDeleted

I think that's the basic problem. Speaking only for myself, I suspect I could be diagnosed with a number of personality disorders, but being a sociopath is not one of them. In fact, while other people are attracted to sociopathic characters on TV shows, I'm not. I simply don't watch those shows. I know some sociopaths, and I try to stay as far away from them as I can.

Sorry, but Catholic has nothing to do with it. :)

It's just a joke, Iggy. It's like the test that I found through Antigonos' blog - What color is your brain? I turned out to be green, like she is. 

And while real sociopaths are quite unappealing, Sherlock is fun to watch. Poor old Walter White turned into a sociopath slowly I think - he just started down that slippery moral slope and never really saw what was happening to him - mainly because he couldn't ask for help. I was very sad for him until it became clear that he ended up with no conscience at all.

I watched Mad Men but I've never liked men like Don Draper.

I've never watched Dexter but my sister said she loved it. There's also another one called Nurse Nancy that I have never seen but I think she is bad too, isn't she?

In some stories these types of characters are referred to as anti-heroes. They are the protagonist but they aren't nice. One that comes to mind is House of Cards - Frank Underwood is evil, but I love the actor, Kevin Spacey, so I am fascinated by the series.

MarysLittleFlower

How do you all define sociopath? I learned the clinical definition (I majored in psychology) and I don't know if that's actually the popular one... Usually don't people mean something else? Gotta take the test :)

Lol sorry I got it confused with psychopath. 

IgnatiusofLoyola

It's just a joke, Iggy. It's like the test that I found through Antigonos' blog - What color is your brain? I turned out to be green, like she is. 

In some stories these types of characters are referred to as anti-heroes. They are the protagonist but they aren't nice. One that comes to mind is House of Cards - Frank Underwood is evil, but I love the actor, Kevin Spacey, so I am fascinated by the series.

I know it's a joke. But, what's interesting to me is that I have never been interested in any of the shows you mentioned in your post. "Anti-heroes" are just not interesting or sympathetic people to me. :idontknow:  That's fine. Everyone has their personal taste in TV shows and movies and we're all different.

I did read a quote the other day that helped me understand why I will never get rich. It said something along the lines that if you want to become truly rich, it helps to be at least something of a sociopath. I will (and have) likely "paid" for the fact that I consciously avoid sociopaths. I've been badly hurt by people I didn't realize were sociopaths.

MarysLittleFlower

I got Sherlock :) 

I know it's a joke. But, what's interesting to me is that I have never been interested in any of the shows you mentioned in your post. "Anti-heroes" are just not interesting or sympathetic people to me. :idontknow:  That's fine. Everyone has their personal taste in TV shows and movies and we're all different.

I did read a quote the other day that helped me understand why I will never get rich. It said something along the lines that if you want to become truly rich, it helps to be at least something of a sociopath. I will (and have) likely "paid" for the fact that I consciously avoid sociopaths. I've been badly hurt by people I didn't realize were sociopaths.

I actually haven't watched any of those shows... I don't even know the characters we are discussing lol. I don't know if "Sherlock" is like Sherlock Holmes. Lol I'm just not a TV type of person nowadays... And terrible at pop culture. I don't really like "anti heroes" either. 

Nihil Obstat

I prefer tragic heroes and tragic villains to antiheroes. :) I have trouble with antiheroes because I like to be able to identify with the characters in some way. I had to stop Sons of Anarchy for instance because, among myriad issues, all the characters are awful people.

• Ash Wednesday featured and unfeatured this topic