An Old School Catholic Message Board

Buddie Update

BarbTherese

I put in a Prayer Request for Buddie and my updates are in my Status Feed here http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/profile/8344-barbaratherese/?tab=statuses (I hope the link works ok).

Thank you to those who have prayed for Bud - and thank you too to any who read this and say a prayer for him.  He still has to be diagnosed via XRay and  blood test and then treated to pinpoint what exactly is the problem - the vet estimates a total bill of around $800 or so.

Deo Gratius!

Yesterday my brother took me to a large pet store and I bought Buddie a warm winter coat, a new bed (very deep and snuggly for him) as well as a muzzle - he hates to be picked up and has always refused to allow me to put a coat on him in winter.  It is extremely cold here in Sth Australia this winter - at least extremely cold to the usual in winter.  I muzzled Buddie and put the coat on ok.  He is a white and light gold Maltese Cross and his winter coat is red - he does look quite the sophisticate.

Last night, after two nights not much sleep, Buddie had a slight cough for about 2 seconds this morning only after we woke up.  Hence we slept well last night............very well!

The plan of action at this point is - I wont have him XRayed unless the cough persists.  The vet did tell me that the problem could be something as slight as winter asthma attacks up to something very serious.  If the cough should persist, then its back to the vet and follow her instructions after his medication finishes in about 4 days time and I might just take him anyway and describe to the vet what has happened to then.  It is a great consolation, with being approved by VetPay for finance, to know I will have the money for any necessary treatment and the ability to repay the loan.  It is an excellent rate for a finance company: 14% interest one off charge at the beginning of the loan, 10% deposit as well - then after that only a small monthly account keeping fee. 

Thanksgiving and gratitude .......very much so.......... to Our Lady, St Clare and St Francis and especially to all who prayed for Buddie............and to Jesus for hearing our prayers.

:blowkiss:

Edited by BarbaraTherese

A www, I'm glad that Buddie is feeling better and that must be a relief for you! It's such a worry when our loyal 4 legged friends become ill, they can't tell us why and do not understand what's going on.  I hope that Buddie is on the road to recovery.... Prayers! 

:like2: THANK YOU!  He does seem much better and I thank you for your prayers.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

AccountDeleted

I'm praying too. :) Furry friends are as important as the furless variety.

Amen. 

I didn't realize how much I was lacking until Bella (my kitty) invaded my life. She frustrates me and drives me insane (still a baby) but she makes me laugh and gives me warm fuzzies inside when she is purring on my lap.

So glad things are looking up for Buddy.

Thank you both too - very much! 

Nunsense, life will never be the same with a four legged pal around the place.............they take over and give one much laughter and insanity too but all 'misbehaviours' forgotten for sure with the snuggles and 'warm fuzzies'.

I wish I could but I don't know how to post pics and I do have a great video of him.  The next time my foster son is here, I'll ask him how to do it.  I've been meaning to do this for a while - keep forgetting :(  I'll put a reminder into my diary.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

MarysLittleFlower

I'm glad to hear the news about Buddie! Will pray that the cough just goes away :) I have a little doggie too - she's a Bichon. Kind of like a Maltese :D she also has a red winter coat!