An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Saint Are You Quiz

AccountDeleted

First one: St Francis of Assisi. It's correct that I love nature and think we need to stop melting the poor polar bears' habitat, but off-base with "you have sacrificed great worldly wealth" - I never had any to start with! :P

For the second one: 40% missionary, 30% hidden, 20% monastic, 10% scholastic, and 0% martyr. The last bit is accurate (I am not a fan of violent death), but I'm not sure about the others.

Third one: St Bruno. (Definitely not.)

Imagine if someone got the Mother of God! :o

This reminds me of when I attended a strange parish a few years ago, wearing a creamy lace mantilla and an ankle-length turquoise dress. A small boy about four or five years old came up to me at the end of Mass and said, curious and very much in awe, "'Scuse me, are you Mary?"

Ancilla Domini

Which Saint Are You?

You got: Saint Valentine
9.jpg

Patron Saint of love and happy marriage, you warm the world with your heart. Your commitment to the romantic tradition keeps couples, young and old, in love year after year.

Interesting. :P

Which Saint Are You?

You got: Saint Valentine
9.jpg

Patron Saint of love and happy marriage, you warm the world with your heart. Your commitment to the romantic tradition keeps couples, young and old, in love year after year.

Interesting. :P

And then I took the last quiz-link...

Saint Valentine, patron saint of love

You are always happy to help people and have a deep appreciation for inner beauty. You are a good listener. You know how to help people with their problems. You give guidance and support whenever someone needs it.

I sense a theme here. :P

Edited by Ancilla Domini

This reminds me of when I attended a strange parish a few years ago, wearing a creamy lace mantilla and an ankle-length turquoise dress. A small boy about four or five years old came up to me at the end of Mass and said, curious and very much in awe, "'Scuse me, are you Mary?"

Haha! What did you tell him?

Btw why did you say 'definitely not' for St. Bruno? Just curious.

Haha! What did you tell him?

Btw why did you say 'definitely not' for St. Bruno? Just curious.

I disappointed him with "I'm afraid not, but she's around here somewhere".  I wish I'd had a good response like the Franciscan Friar of the Renewal who was approached by a little girl at the zoo - the girl asked him, "Are you Jesus?" and he replied, "No, but I work for him." The little girl turned round and yelled back to her friends, who had evidently sent her on this reconnaissance mission, "HE'S NOT JESUS, BUT HE WORKS FOR HIM!"

I have very little knowledge of St Bruno: only that he is the patron of the Carthusians, was very into solitude, and shares his name with a brand of cough medicine my parents used to give me when I was small. This last one is the main reason I have for feeling distant from him; I remember the taste of the medicine whenever I hear the name. And while I value solitude and 'desert prayer', I feel more at home with the Carmelite tradition than the Carthusian. :)

MarysLittleFlower

Such funny stories! :D

I didn't know anything about St Bruno. I thought he's a super 'intellectual' Saint based on the description so I thought he wouldn't be similar to me. If he likes solitude then we have that in common :D 

I disappointed him with "I'm afraid not, but she's around here somewhere".  I wish I'd had a good response like the Franciscan Friar of the Renewal who was approached by a little girl at the zoo - the girl asked him, "Are you Jesus?" and he replied, "No, but I work for him." The little girl turned round and yelled back to her friends, who had evidently sent her on this reconnaissance mission, "HE'S NOT JESUS, BUT HE WORKS FOR HIM!"

I have very little knowledge of St Bruno: only that he is the patron of the Carthusians, was very into solitude, and shares his name with a brand of cough medicine my parents used to give me when I was small. This last one is the main reason I have for feeling distant from him; I remember the taste of the medicine whenever I hear the name. And while I value solitude and 'desert prayer', I feel more at home with the Carmelite tradition than the Carthusian. :)

Oh dear! :hehe:That's a very understandable reason. It's weird how those things stick with us... I still can't smell Calpol or TCP without being transported back to the school nurse's office and days of chickenpox.

PhuturePriest

Saint Paul on the first. 

For 40 % you are: You are a Martyr Saint!
You are willing to suffer for your beliefs. You believe that the best way of spreading your Faith is through example, by suffering as Christ and the Apostles suffered. 
St. Ignatius of Antioch, St. Polycarp, St. George, St. Jude, St. Edmund Campion and St. Dymphna are but several of the hundreds of Martyr Saints. 
6 % of 7966 Quiz participants had this profile! Profile A

I also got 20% missionary. So I'm going to go on a mission and die on it. Baller. I like crowns.

Nihil Obstat

Saint Paul on the first. 

You are willing to suffer for your beliefs. You believe that the best way of spreading your Faith is through example, by suffering as Christ and the Apostles suffered. 
St. Ignatius of Antioch, St. Polycarp, St. George, St. Jude, St. Edmund Campion and St. Dymphna are but several of the hundreds of Martyr Saints. 

I also got 20% missionary. So I'm going to go on a mission and die on it. Baller. I like crowns.

A man after St. Francis' own heart.

Saint Paul on the first. 

Maybe it means you'll have more chance of being murdered than converting anybody, despite having some missionary zeal :P