An Old School Catholic Message Board

We've Gone Public!

Spem in alium

Spem in alium

I've now done my eye test and physical exam for my application :) I was a bit nervous about the physical, and sensed the doc either didn't understand or was against the whole thing (she criticised the application form I gave her, and was hesitant to give me referrals for other tests I needed to take until I convinced her I needed it). Anyway, I'm in pretty good health with only a few issues! All I need now are these tests and then a dental check. 

Spem in alium

P.S. I talked to my formation director after the physical (to confirm with her that yes, I DID need those tests done) and she said that even if I had something wrong with me on the physical, it doesn't mean I won't be accepted. My physical was pretty good (I knew mostly what the results would be, but there were a few surprises), but I was still incredibly reassured to hear her say that. It's really been the only thing about this application that's given me any anxiety. 

Spem in alium

Highlight of my holidays so far: my mother and I visiting an aunt I hadn't seen for fifteen years due to several issues.  I happened to get in touch with her last year and out of the blue we arranged to meet. We just sat and talked and cried for six hours.

Spem in alium

Chest x-ray is done! Now I just need a dental check...and get my results from the doctor. Please pray there are no difficulties there.

• 2 weeks later...
Spem in alium

My health was all good (thank God!). I'm spending these last few days preparing to go back to the convent. I will likely not be home again for at least a year. In a way, it kind of feels like I'm moving out all over again - VERY bittersweet.

• 2 weeks later...
Spem in alium

The interview I mentioned I did a few months ago (for the Catholic newspaper) has been published (in both text and video format) online. It was so lovely to share my story and to be able to connect with others and communicate God's love in this way. 

My superior celebrates her silver jubilee tomorrow. We've just spent almost three hours decorating our living space. We started when she was out visiting another convent, but then she got home (and very tactfully pretended not to see anything, until we said she could look). I'm so excited! 

Spem in alium

I am submitting all my paperwork to my formation director tomorrow. The leadership council meet next Wednesday and they will quite possibly discuss my case and decide whether to accept me for the next stage in my formation. Please pray for wisdom and, above all, for God's will to be done.

Spem in alium

Keeping busy with a lot of work for my Provincial (who is also superior of the convent I live in, so fairly easy for us to work together). It's tiring, but I can't express how great it is not only to be doing something other than study 8 hours a day, but also to be working with her. She is a remarkable woman and a role model for me.

Spem in alium
4 hours ago, vee said:

I watched the interview a few days ago, will try to dig up link, and you did a great job!  Prayers for you and you community I think youre a real blessing to them.

https://www.facebook.com/parracatholic/videos/814289675350132/?fref=nf

that link should work

Ahahaha you're so sweet! Thank you! I pray I can be. They are a great blessing from God and every day I'm grateful I'm with them. :) 

(I used my hands so much in that interview, though...!) :lol:

Spem in alium
13 minutes ago, TheresaThoma said:

Keeping busy is good!

That it is! I may be nuts, but I'm actually looking forward to doing more document binding once our renovations are finished for the day. I really got in the groove yesterday. :) 

Spem in alium

I am being admitted to the postulancy on the feast of St Joseph. My sisters know he is dear to my heart. Please pray for us and give thanks to God with me. :)