An Old School Catholic Message Board

CMSWR Film "For Love Alone"

katherineH

The CMSWR released their short film on religious life entitled For Love Alone today! You can view the trailer here

Now if anyone knows how to stream it on Amazon or Itunes let me know :) 

The website says it is available on Amazon to purchase in VHS... The film has received many positive reviews so I hope it is shared widely and encourages many :) 

I know that was my reaction.  I think it may have been a typo or a misprint somewhere, because the description says its a DVD.  I don't even know where to find a VHS player :P

I remember reading somewhere that it would be available to rent on itunes for $2-$3 so I hope they release details about that soon!

on the cmswr facebook page they said it being listen on amazon on VHS is an error that they are waiting for amazon to fix.  It really is on DVD so dont dust off your VCRs! :P

The trailer was great!  Looking forward to adding this DVD video to my collection!

Edited by Swami Mommy

I don't even know where to find a VHS player :P

My dad has one in his bedroom, living room, and basement den. And he uses them. :|

That trailer looks great. I'm so happy to see high-quality films being made about RL these days!

I just got the DVD in the mail today! It was a lovely video.  Not quite a documentary on religious life, more of a series of vignettes of different sisters and their apostolates.  The music is a bit over-dramatic, but besides that, I thought it was wonderful. They interview parents too which I thought was great.  I would recommend this to priests and lay ministers, and also young women discerning who want to show something to their parents on religious life. 

Wich communities were represented ? 

Sisters of Life, Religious Sisters of Mercy, Nashville Dominicans, Missionaries of Charity, Franciscans of the Renewal in NYC, Sisters of St. Joseph the Worker, Little Sisters of the Poor, Servants of the Lord of the Virgin of Matara.  There might have been a few others that I didn't recognize but those were the main ones!

oh and the LA Carmelites!

Ah! I'm glad it's not a VHS... I was disappointed for a minute.

yeah apparently it was a mistake on Amazon's part.  The CMSWR is also working on having it available for streaming on iTunes and Amazon so hopefully more people will be able to see it!  

franciscanheart

I watched it last night. I enjoyed it too, though it felt much shorter than I expected it would be. I thought it would be a good video for youth groups or religious ed classes talking about religious life. I was disappointed with the imbalances in sound during some of the interview bits that were layed over some of the music. The music would fade and then blare badly when the voices cut out. Other than that, I enjoyed it. I knew some of the sisters in the video, so that was fun, too.

I'd give it four of five stars. :)

I watched it last night. I enjoyed it too, though it felt much shorter than I expected it would be. I thought it would be a good video for youth groups or religious ed classes talking about religious life. I was disappointed with the imbalances in sound during some of the interview bits that were layed over some of the music. The music would fade and then blare badly when the voices cut out. Other than that, I enjoyed it. I knew some of the sisters in the video, so that was fun, too.

I'd give it four of five stars. :)

yeah I agree the music was inconsistent throughout, I think they wanted it to feel dramatic and it ended up being a bit overboard... still good though! I noticed that there was music throughout the whole video, so it was hard to focus on the actual interviews.