An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation/Application

corban711

On the Vigil of the Assumption, I was finally able to complete and send in the last of all the forms that are part of the application process with the religious community I am applying to!!   The application board of the community will most likely meet during the first week of September in order to consider me/my application, and make a final decision as to whether or not I will be accepted to the Postulancy beginning this Fall.  

I am very excited and grateful to have completed "my part" of the process and now can rest in the Lord, awaiting the decision of the community.  But as this decision was born in prayer and in discernment, I am requesting your prayers for me, phamily...and also for them, and our continued discernment of my possible vocation for the rest of the process.  I believe with all of my heart that this is the next good and clear step that Our Lord is asking of me.  And if this is where He is calling me, I would be incredibly happy!  Up to now, it has all seemed very, very clear and has been a very peaceful and good process!   However, if this isn't what the Lord really wants for me, I am asking Him to close this door and take it away.  May His Will be done!!    So that is the first thing...

Also, the Vocation Director will be coming to our family home this Tuesday to meet and talk with my parents as the last part of the process prior to them making a final decision.  Please keep this meeting in your prayers!  

Thank you phamily!  Any prayers for me, for them, and for the discernment process are all greatly appreciated!   :)