An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have you ever went over a friend's house to eat?

MIKolbe

IgnatiusofLoyola

and the food just ain't no good?

I wonder if quitting smoking has changed your taste buds. I've heard that can happen.

What did your wife think of the food?

Ii have never went over a friend's house to eat. I have gone over to a friend's house to eat. But if I went over a friend's house, I have to be suspended above the house somehow, eating the food below me or something. I really can't feature it.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Ii have never went over a friend's house to eat. I have gone over to a friend's house to eat. But if I went over a friend's house, I have to be suspended above the house somehow, eating the food below me or something. I really can't feature it.

I guess you could do this in a hot air balloon, although I've heard that it can sometimes be hard to steer a hot air balloon to a specific location. A helicopter might also work, but would be noisy for both you and the occupants of the house.

In any case, since you knew EXACTLY what jocorsetti meant, you are hearby sentenced to a full meal of split hairs. :)

Ancilla Domini

My mom once was staying at a friend's house and they served this one dish that she particularly hates, and she did such a good job of pretending she liked it that they served the same thing the next night too. :P

Nihil Obstat

Well yes, you do need to have friends first. You probably should have known that by now.

dominicansoul

I recently went over to a dear friends house for dinner...

....AND she had her niece staying over, a little girl about the age of 4...

We were in the middle of dinner conversation, when the little girl blurts out, "I GOT A NEW COMB TODAY.....FOR THE BUGS IN MY HAIR!"

Made for very uncomfortable dinner conversation after.  I went home and threw all my clothing away and showered in RID LICE TREATMENT.

Suffice it to say, I've not seen one nit, but you can never be too careful.  Lice is a TERRIBLE condition to get into and those boogers are hard to destroy...

dear friend or not, I think it was wrong for her to have dinner guests come over under those conditions...

Never again...

I recently went over to a dear friends house for dinner...

....AND she had her niece staying over, a little girl about the age of 4...

We were in the middle of dinner conversation, when the little girl blurts out, "I GOT A NEW COMB TODAY.....FOR THE BUGS IN MY HAIR!"

Made for very uncomfortable dinner conversation after.  I went home and threw all my clothing away and showered in RID LICE TREATMENT.

Suffice it to say, I've not seen one nit, but you can never be too careful.  Lice is a TERRIBLE condition to get into and those boogers are hard to destroy...

dear friend or not, I think it was wrong for her to have dinner guests come over under those conditions...

Never again...

for the record this was NOT at my house!!!

I mean the macaroni's soggy, the peas are mush, and the chicken tastes like wood....

A lot of Americans don't know what good food is like. Rarely do I eat vegetables in an American home that aren't way overcooked. Americans overcook pretty much everything because they've been told that bacteria are everywhere and will kill them if given the slightest chance. They're stupid paranoid.

While I agree this smells of elderberries, recognize that receiving hospitality is as much a kind deed as giving hospitality, because you can't have one without the other. So you did your friends a kindness by giving them an opportunity to receive you as a guest. And that you can feel good about, no? 

Maximilianus

Carry A portable spice shaker with adobo in it, predicament solved

Edited by Maximilianus
Sazón