An Old School Catholic Message Board

Peace theme

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

I am getting ready for our weekly Bible study (we're doing a series on the fruits of the Spirit).  This week is on peace.  I would like to play a nice, easy to understand song on peace, or incorporate some other activity.  Some of our residents have hearing or mental difficulties so I like to keep it simple.  I'm thinking of doing a coloring page of the calming of the storm at sea or something, but am looking for other ideas too.  Thanks.

MarysLittleFlower

Ah sorry about that! :( I wish I saw this thread before - I know a nice song on peace. How did it go?

sr.christinaosf

I ended up having to work at the reception desk and our activity director did it in my place (I had the lesson plan made out.)  I think it went fairly well.  Thanks for asking.

blazeingstar

Patience--maybe Elizabeth waiting for John to "arrive"?:hehe2:  I think that it might be fun.

Or the parable with the women and waiting for the wedding and whatnot.  Then you can make some sort of lamp there's tons of those crafts on pinterest.

Spem in alium

Great idea re. Elizabeth --- or you could also consider Simeon/Anna waiting for the appearance of the Messiah? And you could talk a little about what kind of things we need to wait for in life, and waiting with God. Perhaps play a song or some calming music and have a simple prayer about waiting and abandonment?

The account of the Presentation speaks volumes about patience, in my view. I was actually speaking with an elderly Sister about this particular passage yesterday and she was saying how she identified with Simeon's waiting - waiting in peace and patience for the Messiah, but also for death too. It may be something your residents might like also. 

Spem in alium

Cool idea!!!

I might just add that gospel reading to the study tomorrow.  Thanks!

Blessings! Praying for you and your residents. It's such a privilege to work with the elderly.