An Old School Catholic Message Board

DSMME Postulant reception day

Feankie

IgnatiusofLoyola

I agree--I love the "before" and "after" pictures. If there ever was a question that how you dress makes a communication to the world of who you are, these two photos graphically illustrate the impact of what we wear.

BTW--I'm NOT saying that one picture is "good" and the other picture is "bad" or "less good." Both pictures are good. Among other things, in both pictures, the women come across as enthusiastic and happy to be making the step they are about to make/have just made. 

But, until I looked specifically at individual faces, on a quick glance I wouldn't necessarily have known for sure that this was the exact same group of women. Their change in dress makes a dramatic statement of the significance of the change they have just made in their lives.

I pray that God gives good things to all these women, whether it is God's will that they persevere in the religious life with the DSMMEs, or whether taking this step helps them learn important lessons that they would not have learned otherwise, but, that ultimately, God wants them to live their lives either in another religious Community, in marriage, or in some other calling.

Thanks for posting the photo's veritas and vee! My friend is the one in the red shirt on the far left in the "before" picture and she's in the back row, far left in the "after" picture. God bless these new little postulants!