An Old School Catholic Message Board

favourite things about parishes

MarysLittleFlower

The church, oh, the church ! 

It was built in the middle-age, and it's just, amazing, with painting on the wall and the roof... I feel lucky to be in a church where there is a real history. 

Eglise-Saint-Pierre-de-Blagnac.jpg

MarysLittleFlower

wow really nice! :D the church is beautiful :)

what is the cape-like thing your priest is wearing?

Credo in Deum

Other than the beautiful Mass, Sacraments, and our amesome priests, I would say the choir!  Love the Sacred Music.  

Nihil Obstat

wow really nice! :D the church is beautiful :)

what is the cape-like thing your priest is wearing?

The building itself is... Meh. Built in the late fifties or early sixties I think. Pretty underwhelming. But at least we have a high altar and (moveable) altar rails. The cape is literally just a cape. Really nicely embroidered, and very warm. I think it was -40 when that picture was taken. It can be tough to keep warm in a cassock, I bet.

DominicanHeart

Oh everything. I'll have to get a picture to share here. I have the most amazing, down to Earth but brutally honest Pastor in the world. I love the fact that we have the Latin Mass. I love having Perpetual Adoration. I love the fact that everyone knows everyone. I feel like my fellow parishioners are a part of my family. There is something for everyone at my Church. Plus we have the best music ministry in the world.

dominicansoul

My parish is in a rural area.  The community itself was started over 100 years ago.  The church building was burned by heretics in the early 20s who protested Catholics coming into their neighborhood.  It was rebuild by the poor Catholic families who would not be scared away.  Some of the people in the parish are descendants of those brave people.  

I love the building, its poor, but neat and has the essentials.  

Spiritually, of course, I love that Jesus resides here in the Blessed Sacrament and the doors are not locked so I can go whenever I wish to visit Him.

ImageProxy-6.mvc.jpeg

puellapaschalis

I love the building; it makes my Gothic heart happy.

I love (most of - har har yes I'm a sinner) the people. They're very generous and patient with me.

Spem in alium

My former parish was a beautiful place to be. Very warm pastor and people. The church was always open during the day for people to come and be with Jesus.

During the week I attend Mass at the church we have on site, but on Sundays I go to our local parish. I don't really like the church much, but Jesus is present and the people are friendly - and in the end, that's what makes a parish. :) It's also amazing to see how many people attend Mass there; it attracts the biggest crowds in our diocese, with (I think) around 3,000 people attending Masses on the weekends. 

Edited by Spem in alium

MarysLittleFlower

Thanks for sharing everyone! :) yes I was referring to Nada's church and then Nihil's priest... The confusion came from the fact that I thought both posts were Nada's. Lol. I must have been tired :) 

What I love about my parish where I attend over the year, is that we have a very dedicated / prayerful pastor, great music, reverence, and a close community. Its the first parish I've been to where I actually got to meet people I didn't know before and become friends with them. We also have Adoration and a really beautiful statue of Our Lady :) 

Spiritually, of course, I love that Jesus resides here in the Blessed Sacrament

ImageProxy-6.mvc.jpeg

Thats my favorite thing about my parish too, without Jesus everything else is nothing. 

Ash Wednesday

My local parish is very crowded and has a horrible parking problem.

And you know what? That's not a bad problem to have, when you think about it. :)