An Old School Catholic Message Board

2 new postulants for the US Daughters of Charity

NadaTeTurbe

According to their facebook page, they welcomed two new postulants on the 28th of August : https://www.facebook.com/DaughtersOfCharityVocationsUs?fref=nf 

"So, our vocation is to go, not just to one parish, not just to one diocese, but all over the world; and do what? To set people's hearts on fire, to do what the Son of God did. He came to set the world on fire in order to inflame it with His love." Saint Vincent of Paul 

It's really amazing that they are on their habits.

I think the Daughters of Charity do routinely wear those simple navy dress habits.  Some use the coif (simple veil except for all sorts of historical reasons the DCs DO NOT USE VEILS so okay fine call it a coif) and some don't but I think they do use those dresses.

The Sisters of Charity on the other hand, do not typically wear habits.

It's really amazing that they are on their habits.

I think the Daughters of Charity do routinely wear those simple navy dress habits.  Some use the coif (simple veil except for all sorts of historical reasons the DCs DO NOT USE VEILS so okay fine call it a coif) and some don't but I think they do use those dresses.

There's a come & see retreat with the Daughters in February 2016 : http://daughters-of-charity.com/whats-new/come-see-emmitsburg-feb-2016/ 

The Daughters are amazing woman, totally dedicated to the poor. They helped me to understand what was the difference between helping the poors as a laywoman, and a consecrated sister. The writing of their founder, "Monsieur Vincent" are so profound, yet simple, and understandable no matter your age, background (a little like St Francis of Sales writings). Their devotion to the Virgin Mary is admirable, and if you meet them, you're often sure to leave with a miraculous medal/a booklet about the miraculous medal ! If you feel a strong call to help the poor, contact them, even if you don't enter, you will learn a lot about true charity. 

250px-Vincent_de_Paul.PNG "Monsieur Vincent". Can you see the love in his eyes ? :love:

Any Sisters of Charity congregations who wear their habit? I saw 3 of them on St Patrick's parade but that's just for a day. One sister told me they don't do that anymore. 

Seton Hill Sisters of Charity still do

http://www.seton.or.kr/