Spem in alium

Yes, I like Christ the King. I also like this one:

christ the light.jpg

One of my favourites.

I also like several images of the Holy Family. And these, too:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ53bV8YLq-wuhBLss7OaN

christ-carrying-the-cross-1575.jpg

christ-in-the-desert-18721-e127631633641

Here is another image that I have and a favourite.  Mary seems to be talking intently and quite seriously, fiddling with a jug as she talks and with Jesus listening with some amusement (reminds me of me and some of my very serious 'chats')55e823368742a_Jesus__Mary.thumb.jpg.ce42,

MarysLittleFlower

Thanks for sharing everyone! :D there are some new ones here I've never seen before! the one with Jesus reaching through the water is really interesting.

This one is one of my favorites. :heart: Once when I was in adoration during a retreat, I realized that fear was the biggest thing holding me back in my discernment.  Then suddenly this painting came to mind, and I had an experience of prayer in which I had an image of myself as the little girl in the painting.  I was so scared that I was shaking (in the image in my mind) and I started crying (in real life).  In that moment I knew Jesus' love in a profound, personal way -- I knew that He's holding me and that I'm safe in His arms. :heart:

the_promise.jpg

:love:That is beautiful, thanks for sharing with us! :) fear is the number one issue in my discernment too so.. I relate :) Jesus really loves us so much!

MarysLittleFlower

I wanted to share an art work done by a friend of mine. She has since passed away. Her name was Amy. I hope she wouldn't mind, but she always shared her art online, so I think she'd be okay with that. She mostly drew Jesus. I really like how she depicted Him and I've been really inspired by many of her works. Just wanted to share :)

0ef57d37eb0d35a7b07fc2930af59e84.thumb.j

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

• 4 weeks later...

SOme of my favorite, for prayers or other : 

bonpasteur2It's for me a reminder that my Lord will help me and give me strenght, and that I can come to him in the worst of my life. It really speak to my heart. The writing says : "Come to me, all of you who carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest". I often use this icon to pray when I'm in difficult time in my life. 

I also like the Life of Jesus by James Tissot : 

jesus-stilling-the-tempest-je-sus-calman

00.159.167_PS1.jpg