An Old School Catholic Message Board

appearance of Our Lord

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

This can be a very personal topic for some people so I'm hoping the thread could remain as non argumentative as possible :)

I realized over time that images of Our Lord really help me to pray. Everyone probably has their favourite ones. Anyone want to share? :)

we can leave the discussions on His skin/hair colour for now :) we'll know in Heaven. Personally I use the descriptions of Saints etc who've seen Jesus if I meditate. But the most important thing to me is just what He is like, and I hope its ok but sometimes I wonder about that :)

anyone have any thoughts or favourite pictures of Jesus? What types of pictures do you like? There are many different ones out there. No debate thread thanks :D 

So maybe i'll start :) here's a picture I like: http://orbis-catholicus.blogspot.ca/2007/04/limpias-crucifix.html?m=1

MarysLittleFlower

General note... if you don't have a picture you're able to share that's totally fine, any thoughts are welcome! Or you can describe an image too

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

Ash Wednesday

6e6d206897.jpg

Divine Mercy!

devotion-to-the-sacred-heart-of-jesus.jp

I'm also partial to this Sacred Heart image because my mother had it by her bedside. So I associate comforting childhood memories with it.

AccountDeleted

I prefer the more modern pictures of Jesus. These are some of my favorites right now (the second one is a joke of course)...

jesuscross.jpg

jesuslaptoplarge.jpg.jpg

hooks head.jpg

1 jesus art.jpg

Edited by nunsense

AccountDeleted

I like the one with Jesus and the laptop.... :lol4:

Yeah, me too. I love computers and it makes me feel good to see He does too!! :P 

Of those posted by nunsense, I have this one:   hooks head.jpg

I like the one with the laptop too - perhaps He uses one in Heaven for communicating with everyone :lol4:

Archaeology cat

I love Christ Pantokrator as well. And the Sacred Heart. I was given an icon of the Divine Mercy that I love, too. 

AveMariaPurissima

This one is one of my favorites. :heart: Once when I was in adoration during a retreat, I realized that fear was the biggest thing holding me back in my discernment.  Then suddenly this painting came to mind, and I had an experience of prayer in which I had an image of myself as the little girl in the painting.  I was so scared that I was shaking (in the image in my mind) and I started crying (in real life).  In that moment I knew Jesus' love in a profound, personal way -- I knew that He's holding me and that I'm safe in His arms. :heart:

the_promise.jpg

AveMariaPurissima

I really like this one too -- it's one of my favorite Gospel passages.  So often my faith is weak and I give in to temptation and distraction -- but Jesus always, always reaches out His hand to save me from drowning. :heart:

Jesus and peter on the water 2.jpg