An Old School Catholic Message Board

I just fired Winchester

dUSt

AccountDeleted

Actually I was going to suggest what you did in that other thread. I agree with your decision. The best types of Mediators of Meh are the ones who do their own thing and use Mediator of Meh powers enforce the rules when things get to out of hand. Frankly I thought Winchester was biased in shutting down Lil's police thread and in editing Iggy's posts. Funny, but not great modding there. 

I think Credo's fine. I haven't seen him overmod at all? unless he's giving out warnings or something and I haven't received one. 

I have had some PMs from other people who have been upset at Credo's modding and needed to vent (since we aren't allowed to criticize Mediators of Meh on the phorum), but since those people haven't bothered to post here, I'll go along with whatever the majority decides. If people don't take a stand, then they can't complain about it afterwards, even in private. And Ash says she needs his help so whatever she needs is good with me.

As for the other Mediators of Meh,I don't really see any of them doing anything at all,maybe that's why Ash feels alone. The only way I know they exist is when I click on the link to see who the Staff are! Maybe that's a good thing - they don't overmod. But if Ash feels she needs help, what about these other Mediators of Meh?? Just wondering.

And I do think we need a Mediator of Meh on the other side of the world from the USA for when all of the Northern hemisphere is asleep and Korean spammers come to play here. I don't know if Mediators of Meh can do what dUSt did to shut them down (delete the account or something) but maybe a Mediator of Meh from the Southern hemisphere would be worth thinking about - there seem to be plenty around these days. Just a thought.

When the hell do I cuss?

Oh Winnie, I'm going to miss your modding!! :P 

Credo's term is almost up, and I say we let the man go out with honor. I haven't personally seen him overmod, but I don't trawl the phorum. Still, what I have seen has always clearly been done with careful forethought and cautious wording. Someone's always going to get upset when a Mediator of Meh steps in. I think it's important to look at the history from an administrative standpoint, not just from the perspective of the participants who got shut down/cautioned/vindicated/defended/whatever.

Edited by Gabriela

How about a translator for Tab? His illogical and random posts are hard to make sense of.

Edited by tinytherese
Grammar

AccountDeleted

62271982.jpg

:lol4:

Credo's term is almost up, and I say we let the man go out with honor. I haven't personally seen him overmod, but I don't trawl the phorum. Still, what I have seen has always clearly been done with careful forethought and cautious wording. Someone's always going to get upset when a Mediator of Meh steps in. I think it's important to look at the history from an administrative standpoint, not just from the perspective of the participants who got shut down/cautioned/vindicated/defended/whatever.

I didn't know they had terms of office. From when to when or how long is their term? Would be interesting to know. And if that's the case, then by all means let them all serve out their terms. We didn't elect them, so I assumed they had their posts for life or until they resigned or dUSt fired them. It helps to have all the facts! :) 

Yeah i deff would nom for no more credo as moderator, credo doesn't know how to balance emotions and rules, and not to let his or her emotions dictate when to take action, or when not to, or even picking sides on who to take action upon.

either that or at least give us the option to put an ignore on moderators as we do with each other, but those moderators in turn would still be able to do what ever they feel is precious enough to fill their egos, instead of trying to win a bickering contest that they started.

veritasluxmea

I have had some PMs from other people who have been upset at Credo's modding and needed to vent (since we aren't allowed to criticize Mediators of Meh on the phorum), but since those people haven't bothered to post here, I'll go along with whatever the majority decides. If people don't take a stand, then they can't complain about it afterwards, even in private.

Sounds good to me. 

Yeah i deff would nom for no more credo as moderator, credo doesn't know how to balance emotions and rules, and not to let his or her emotions dictate when to take action, or when not to, or even picking sides on who to take action upon.

Legitimately when did this ever happen. Link me to the thread, sounds entertaining. 

Credo in Deum

I put up with a lot of croutons from people but that's the nature of the job.  Yet for your viewing pleasure here is probably the best video I could find that depicts what it's like to be a Mediator of Meh:

Points for which ever person gets which character is @nunsense and which one is @dUSt

AccountDeleted

Well, as I said to @dUSt in another thread, that's why I don't  complain any more.I get called names like Debbie Downer, or Mediators of Meh like @Credo in Deum make fun of me with videos. dUSt apologized for calling me names and I accepted. I only was only responding to dUSt's invitation to be honest in this thread and suggest names, so I took him at his word and posted what I feel.  But now you feel it necessary to make a personal attack on me for this. Hardly very good Mediator of Meh behavior in my opinion and a perfect example of why I don't think you are a good Mediator of Meh. But if you and the others are happy with the way you attack those people you don't like - and don't see this as an abuse of power, then so be it. 

I will return to my former state of not caring how this forum is run and keep my complaints to myself. I think this video was in really poor taste, very hurtful and unnecessary, especially for a Mediator of Meh. Do you really think this was funny? I don't.

But 'nuff said on this. :(

Edited by nunsense