An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Franciscan Sisters with Decree from Bishop in Steubenville

Kathleen777

Diocesan approval and investiture ceremony for new Franciscan religious community of women
September 5, 2015
Herald-Star Newspaper - Steubenville, Ohio

As of Aug. 25, the Family of Jacopa Association became a Public Association of the Christian Faithful in the Diocese of Steubenville and will hold its investiture (habit clothing ceremony) on Sept. 14 at Triumph of the Cross Parish (Holy Rosary Church), 204 Rosemont Ave., Steubenville.
It will begin at 6:15 p.m. following the 5:15 Holy Mass and Novena of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Miraculous Medal, according to an announcement made by Sister Kathleen Marshall.
"The Spirituality of the Family of Jacopa is Franciscan, which is living the Gospel messages with love. As Franciscans, we are to be Disciples of Christ living the Trinitarian spirituality in our relationships with Christ as our spouse, sisters to our community members and as mothers to the family of God," Marshall explained.
"God Our Father has given us the gift of a full life. We are mature women, widows and single women who wish to give ourselves completely to Our Lord Jesus Christ. The gifts of the Holy Spirit made manifest in us impels us to act out of love and gratefulness, to perfect in ourselves the fruits of the Holy Spirit as we offer the rest of our lives for His Holy Church," she said.
"Imbued by the salvific action of Jesus Christ our lives will be lived with the infused charism of the theological yirtues of faith, hope and charity (love)," she continued.
The association's mission is "to reveal our Lord's compassion for the family of God. The Family of Jacopa will offer our prayers and penances for the church suffering. We will pray for and evangelize the church militant. We will encourage souls to conversion, preparing them for eternal life in Heaven with the church triumphant, the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Holy Trinity," she said.
"Our apostolates will be prayer and service, especially for widows, and including our heroic priests, the suffering elderly and for the many needs of mothers and families. We will accept any similar active apostolates that our Bishop asks of us," Marshall explained.
The Family of Jacopa's motto is "Faith, Hope and Love."

Contact: Sr. Kathleen Marshall at 740-314-4023 or email: familyjacopa@yahoo.com

veritasluxmea

I think there are two other new orders in Steubenville- The Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and The Franciscan Sisters of Penance of the Most Sorrowful Mother, right? Interesting to see the expansion of religious life in Steubenville! 

Hello! Yes I posted the newspaper article. I am (currently) Sr. Kathleen Marshall the Foundress and now Superior of the Family of Jacopa Association. I will have a new name soon at my investiture ceremony. We have been contacted by at least 100 women and have been having "Come and See" visits with Inquirers. We still have room to add six more women to the three of us already here. We also are accepting applications to our Dedicated Widow/Singles membership, who live in their own homes as secular members, but have continuing formation with us and make Promises as members after a few years. We are Franciscan, Marian, Eucharistic and 100% obedient to our Holy Father. Sisters wear a full traditional habit. We attend Latin Mass twice a month and pray the full Divine Office everyday. We accept women 40 years old and older. 740-314-4023 or email: familyjacopa@yahoo.com

And the Order of the Sacred and Immaculate Heart of Jesus and Mary have history there, I knew I was forgetting one. 

And Such a lovely order too!

• 3 weeks later...