An Old School Catholic Message Board

Does anybody use the "Activity Stream"?

dUSt

Activity Stream  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the Invision guys found a culprit for the site's poor performance. Apparently, it has something to do with lurkers (guests) accessing the "Activity Stream".

Question for you. Do you use the "Activity Stream"? If nobody uses it, I'll disable it all together. If you guys use it, I'll just turn off guest access.

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/activity/

I think the Invision guys found a culprit for the site's poor performance. Apparently, it has something to do with lurkers (guests) accessing the "Activity Stream".

Question for you. Do you use the "Activity Stream"? If nobody uses it, I'll disable it all together. If you guys use it, I'll just turn off guest access.

Hidden Content

Never use it.

Never even once. When you first launched the new site, I clicked everywhere, saw it, and thought, "What a waste of time." Never went back.

Change the name to Activity Rapids and I'll use it for sure. 

This post ought to be enough reason to restore props. 

Also, I had forgotten we had an activity stream. Haven't used it since I was a brand new Phatmasser. 

Never heard of it.  What is it and where was it on the page?  Was it the little envelope and bell icons at the top right hand corner of the page that would let you know if someone had quoted you?

Edited by Swami Mommy