An Old School Catholic Message Board

To prop or not to prop

dUSt

Props  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AccountDeleted

I have visited the prayer room - - and have a preference for the old way when a prop would show prayerrs.

The 'old' way had no props at all. :) 

I voted positive props only, for reasons others have stated.

Maybe we could reinstate the prop system but have it turned off every Friday, as a penitential fast from props. :P

AccountDeleted

the prayer room should have  an amen button, actually just change the whole props thing to an amen button

That would only make the word Amen into a prop and take away the real meaning of Amen.

MarysLittleFlower

I voted no props because it seems based on popularity, who agrees with who, etc. Sometimes it kind of makes it feel like high school all over again haha.. :P 

But if the majority wants props, I think it's fine to just have positive props. Negative props are just too...... Negative. 

AccountDeleted

I voted no props because it seems based on popularity, who agrees with who, etc. Sometimes it kind of makes it feel like high school all over again haha.. :P 

But if the majority wants props, I think it's fine to just have positive props. Negative props are just too...... Negative. 

We are in complete agreement for once in our lives MLF! So NO props MUST be a good thing! :) 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I agree with no props. It can cause people to desire popularity instead of piety. And it gets cliquey where particular people always vote for particular people no matter what, and therefore the popularity index is never true to the content of the posters as to whether it truly is worthy or not. And visa versa where some people will automatically boo a particular person because they have gotten into the habit of booing the person or just following the trends of others booing of particular peoples. 

Do we want this place to be hype or ripe. Coz people can get caught up in hype and trends. Do we just want to be another trend or defend all that is good and true,right and just.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

puellapaschalis

I mainly propped positively to show agreement. My negative props expressed disagreement and occasional exasperation. I'm not particularly bothered whether they return.

Maybe we can consider expanding the prop thing instead and have positive and negative props along with the super-positive and super-negative props. Add in an 'amen' button and a 'super-amen' button too.

We can also add a 'Winchester-approved' button?

It would be nice to have an 'endorsement' option too for those who would like to use props for propaganda and publicity. For instance - if I clicked the button a message brief would appear at the bottom of the post confirming that 'Didacorp emdorses the message above'! That would be amesome and really help in our goal to conquer the world!