An Old School Catholic Message Board

Photos and Commentary from Sister Adorers' March Investiture

veritasluxmea

DSC_0529TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF THE INSTITUTE OF CHRIST THE KING, a new community of contemplative nuns, the Sister Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest, now reside in Italy. Distinctively garbed in their traditional black habits with blue mantles, the sisters offer their daily prayers and sacrifices, particularly for the priests of the Institute and the souls entrusted to them.

DSC_0420RELIGIOUS ORDERS VARY GREATLY IN THE HISTORY OF THEIR RELIGIOUS HABITS and the traditions that they preserve, as well as the symbolism inherent in their habits. From the Carmelites who wear brown as a sign of humility — a color that ties them to the wood of the cross — to the blue worn by many Orders such as the Adorers to honor Our Lady, the arrangements and traditions are many.

DSC_0414IN JUNE 2004, ENNIO CARDINAL ANTONELLI, ARCHBISHOP OF FLORENCE, VESTED THE FIRST THREE SISTERS WITH THEIR HABIT. Nine years later, the Sisters have convents in Italy, Switzerland and Germany, including three new Sisters, Marissa of Our Lady of Peace, Bernadette-Marie of the Infant Jesus and Claire-Pascaline-Marie of the Holy Cross. Here they are, dressed as brides before they received their religious habits in March 2015 from Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke.

DSC_0572THE ADORERS OF THE ROYAL HEART HOLD THREE CO-PATRONS AS THE GUIDING LIGHTS OF THEIR SPIRITUALITY: St. Francis de Sales, St. Benedict, and St. Thomas Aquinas. From St. Francis de Sales’ doctrine of Divine Love, the sisters draw the pattern of their vocation: to be in constant pursuit of growth in Love, which should always be founded on Truth.

DSC_0511THREE PROFESSED SISTERS LEAD THE WAY TO THE CLOTHING OF THREE NEW SISTERS IN FLORENCE IN MARCH 2015. Over the centuries, as Catholic religious garb developed, it became a way of manifesting one’s consecration to God in a visible and tangible way. The habit serves as a reminder –both to the woman wearing it and to those who observe her — that the Sister belongs completely to God.

DSC_0444DRESSED AS A BRIDE, A NEW SISTER ADORER is blessed by Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke. Most Orders have their members follow a prayer ritual when dressing in their habit. Often, habit pieces are designed to build one upon another; each piece is typically accompanied with a prayer when clothing.

DSC_0494NEWLY VEILED, THE THREE LEAVE THE CHURCH, BLACK HABITS IN THEIR ARMS. From that day forward, the Sisters when donning their veil might say a prayer like this: “This veil should teach me, Lord, that I should die to the world and to myself so as to live no longer but for Thee. Grant me, therefore, the grace that nothing of this miserable life may remain in me, which prevents my union with Thee.”

DSC_0514THEIR LIVES HENCEFORTH WILL BE CENTERED AROUND PRAYER: Holy Mass and the Divine Office in the traditional Latin form, one hour of mental prayer and one hour of Eucharistic adoration in the evening.

DSC_0519ON THEIR WAY TO A NEW LIFE: Punctuating the Sister Adorers’ rich life of prayer are periods of manual labor and intellectual training, including instruction in Gregorian Chant, Latin, Spirituality, Philosophy, and Theology, as well as the learning of crafts such as sewing, lace-making, and the care of liturgical vestments and altar linens.

DSC_0523AS THE COMMUNITY OF SISTER ADORERS EXPANDS, the Institute foresees that foundations will be made alongside the apostolates of the Institute of Christ the King, where the sisters will be able to provide support for the work of Institute priests.

DSC_0574THE BENEDICTINE ASPECT OF THEIR CHARISM IS REFLECTED IN THE CENTRAL PLACE OF THE CHURCH’S LITURGY in the Adorers’ daily life. Holy Mass and the Divine Office celebrated in the classical Roman form, create the rhythm of each day.

DSC_0369SOME RELIGIOUS ORDERS SUCH AS THE INSTITUTE OF CHRIST THE KINGadd another piece to their habit at Holy Mass or the Divine Office. Canons usually wear a surplice while in choir, whereas the Adorers wear blue mantles.

DSC_0630

AS THEY AWAIT THEIR FUTURE IN A HOUSE DEDICATED TO OUR LADY OF GOOD DELIVERANCE, commanding a magnificent view of the entire valley of the Sieci region, the Sister Adorers lead a non-cloistered contemplative life. Building on the foundations established by the teachings of their third patron, St. Thomas Aquinas, they also benefit from time dedicated to study and intellectual formation.

(via Regina Magazine)

Looks like the Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest invested three women by Cardinal Burke in Italy. What a name and habit! I've never been able to find much information on them, maybe because I only speak English and they're a French/Italian order. In the United States they have a small presence in Colorado, I believe, but I don't know what their vocation situation here is like. I think it's cute how their postulants wear hoods in church :hehe2: