An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelites in Elysburg

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

Has anyone discerned with them? What is it like? What is their age limit? I am just investigating communities that I'd be potentially interested in... Thanks! 

IgnatiusofLoyola

Did they re model their website?

I don't believe the Elysburg Carmel has ever had a Web site of its own, only the one run by its friends/supporters. If I am am wrong about this, please correct me.

I I have a client who briefly discerned with them. She is now in communication with Mother Prioress at the Philadelphia Carmel, and is having a very positive experience. She has shared her letters with me and I recommend that Carmel to anyone looking for that way of Carmelite life. As an "outsider," I have been especially impressed and delighted to see such warmth extended to a young woman in discernment. 

Rose

MarysLittleFlower

I I have a client who briefly discerned with them. She is now in communication with Mother Prioress at the Philadelphia Carmel, and is having a very positive experience. She has shared her letters with me and I recommend that Carmel to anyone looking for that way of Carmelite life. As an "outsider," I have been especially impressed and delighted to see such warmth extended to a young woman in discernment. 

Rose

Is the Philadelphia Carmel a different one? Do they have the Latin Mass too? 

They are indeed a different Carmel within the State of Pennsylvania.  Actually Pennsylvania has three good Carmels that I know of.  Elysburg, Philly and Erie.  Lucky State!

Haha, no prob. They're in my home diocese, and my family is super close to the community, so I'm a little protective of them. If you can't tell. ;)

These are all great Carmels!!!!! I wish I could say more about the Jesus, Mary & Joseph Carmels (I believe they have three), but they have made information for prospective discerners almost impossible. 

Haha, no prob. They're in my home diocese, and my family is super close to the community, so I'm a little protective of them. If you can't tell. ;)

I noticed!  :)  What a blessing for you to them in your home diocese and what a blessing for them to have such caring people looking out for them!