An Old School Catholic Message Board

House speaker John Boehner resigning, reads prayer of St Francis

dUSt

"Boehner, who has served as House Speaker since 2011, explained during the closed-door meeting that he had only planned to serve two terms as speaker but decided to hold onto his post after then-House Majority Leader Eric Cantor lost his seat during a primary last year, a Republican lawmaker in the room told CNN.

Boehner also told the lawmakers that Pope Francis' visit to Congress the day before was a crystallizing moment, according to the lawmaker. Boehner then read the prayer of St. Francis to the conference after announcing his decision."

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/politics/john-boehner-resigning-as-speaker/index.html

BIDEN/BOEHNER 2016!!!

(Pending Biden's abortion stance change)

My heart goes out to him. From the articles I read, it seemed there was a lot of stress between him and extremist Tea Party members who forced his resignation. I hope he finds peace and I am extremely happy that as one of his last acts, he had a hand in preventing a government shutdown that would potentially harm so many people.

Prayers for him!

KnightofChrist

Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss.

I was just thinking the same thing. 

My heart goes out to him. From the articles I read, it seemed there was a lot of stress between him and extremist Tea Party members who forced his resignation. I hope he finds peace and I am extremely happy that as one of his last acts, he had a hand in preventing a government shutdown that would potentially harm so many people.

Prayers for him!

God forbid Planned Parenthood should go without their Cooperate welfare handout. Selling baby parts just doesn't bring in enough money.

I was just thinking the same thing. 

God forbid Planned Parenthood should go without their Cooperate welfare handout. Selling baby parts just doesn't bring in enough money.

Actually, practically no federal funding goes to their abortion services (Hyde Amendment); so really, the federal funding to PP is a very good thing.

KnightofChrist

Actually, practically no federal funding goes to their abortion services (Hyde Amendment); so really, the federal funding to PP is a very good thing.

I'm sorry you believe those lies. I most certainly do not trust them to be honest. No trust can be given to mass-murders which has racist bigoted roots (aka the Negro Project) and who sell or exchange donations for human body parts (which is also illegal but they don't give a flip.)

Edited by KnightofChrist

I'm sorry you believe those lies. I most certainly do not trust them to be honest. No trust can be given to mass-murders which has racist bigoted roots (aka the Negro Project) and who sell or exchange donations for human body parts (which is also illegal but they don't give a flip.)

So youre willing to shut down the government that would prevent a struggling mother from getting the aid to feed her children, or a family their parents pay checks who already barely make ends meet just to satisfy your egotistical conspiracy theory?

Im sorry but Im not willing to do that. Federally defunding planned parenthood would literally do nothing for your cause. It would only take away the free services they provide to impoverished women, men and children. 

KnightofChrist

So youre willing to shut down the government that would prevent a struggling mother from getting the aid to feed her children, or a family their parents pay checks who already barely make ends meet just to satisfy your egotistical conspiracy theory?

Im sorry but Im not willing to do that. Federally defunding planned parenthood would literally do nothing for your cause. It would only take away the free services they provide to impoverished women, men and children. 

If the NRA was selling the body parts of persons with SSA I'm sure we'd both agree that would be worth 'shutting down' Government in an effort to stop it. Then again perhaps not, but I'm sure you'd at least rethink your current position.

Money is fungible.

Friggin Boehner, doing too little to beaver dam late in the game, i haven't paid attention to McConnell any but will be more than happy to take yalls word that he smells of elderberries an needs to go too.

The question is now, who has the stones to do what needs to be done.

I liked Boehner, he has had a real hard time with the nuts in the party. 

Boehner was a sad excuse, he was the leader of the nuts, now we need someone to clean house an get things turned back around to sanity.

• dUSt locked this topic