An Old School Catholic Message Board

House speaker John Boehner resigning, reads prayer of St Francis

dUSt

Boehner was a sad excuse, he was the leader of the nuts, now we need someone to clean house an get things turned back around to sanity.

It's true he was the leader. But I think he really tried his best. First he tried embracing the nuts, like yay, nuts, let's do this. Then later when he noticed the nuts were emboldened and never satisfied he tried other tactics. In vain did he attempt to remind the nuts of the Reaganite commandment concerning party unity. 

If the point of my career had become trying to restrain Donald Trump types from self destructing the party I would be tired too. How many purely symbolic votes against Obamacare can you allow before you start looking for a bridge to jump off of.  

I like him. he had the toughest job in Washington.

aside from that, the entertainment value. it was easy to make him cry, and many times I sat on the edge of my seat waiting to see if whoever was interviewing him was going to try and make him do it.  Get him talking about mom, apple pie, baseball, soldiers come home from war.  Seems like he loves America, like he really does. Rare.

I will miss you Boehner. 

Edited by Lilllabettt

It's true he was the leader. But I think he really tried his best. First he tried embracing the nuts, like yay, nuts, let's do this. Then later when he noticed the nuts were emboldened and never satisfied he tried other tactics. In vain did he attempt to remind the nuts of the Reaganite commandment concerning party unity. 

If the point of my career had become trying to restrain Donald Trump types from self destructing the party I would be tired too. How many purely symbolic votes against Obamacare can you allow before you start looking for a bridge to jump off of.  

well if that is the case as you pointed out Maggyie,

he shouldn't of tried embracing and should of taken a page out of the democrat hand book and simply given orders and destroyed those who didn't toe the line. But what it sounds like from what you have stated is he flat out gave up.

I like him. he had the toughest job in Washington.

aside from that, the entertainment value. it was easy to make him cry, and many times I sat on the edge of my seat waiting to see if whoever was interviewing him was going to try and make him do it.  Get him talking about mom, apple pie, baseball, soldiers come home from war.  Seems like he loves America, like he really does. Rare.

I will miss you Boehner. 

Plus he had a great story, one of 12 children, put himself through night school for 7 years to get his college degree. Meantime he was a janitor and a roofer, worked in his dad's bar. Married to the same woman for about 40 years. Just a decent Ohio guy overall. 

Boehner wasn't doing his job, so I'm glad he's quit...

wish Hussein would do the same... lol

Hmm. Perhaps instead of disrespecting the president you would be better off praying for him, as most of us do at Mass every Sunday.

Hmm. Perhaps instead of disrespecting the president you would be better off praying for him, as most of us do at Mass every Sunday.

I'm so proud of you for praying and going to Mass. You are really, really holy.

If the NRA was selling the body parts of persons with SSA I'm sure we'd both agree that would be worth 'shutting down' Government in an effort to stop it. Then again perhaps not, but I'm sure you'd at least rethink your current position.

I wouldn't support shutting down the government for that either.

I wouldn't support shutting down the government for that either.

The federal government isn't going to shut down. Some little bits will be suspended in order to make the masses afraid. The good killy bits of government will still operate, and the ruling class will get paid. Sociopaths like Boner (oh, he cries, he cares bout Merica) do this croutons in order to cement  their power.

• dUSt locked this topic