An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anglicans are the most psychotic Catholic rebels of all

Winchester

Let's be honest, here. Yes, their worship services/mass/whatever you call a heretic prayer thingy are pretty nice. Great cathedrals, structured prayers. Sort of Catholicy. But their whole reason for being is that some fat royal wanted a new wife and couldn't buy off the Church (unlike the Kennedys, but that's another thread). I mean, when the founder of your church had womens' heads cut off because they failed to produce the offspring he wanted, I think it's a no-brainer. Say what you will about the Muslims, their founder claimed he was getting words straight from The Almighty. The founder of the Anglican religion was just pitching a hissy fit about not getting an heir. Of all the reasons to rebel, I think that's got to be the most infantile by far. Even the women priest movement doesn't involve beheading.

Discuss.

• Ice_nine locked this topic

Here at phatmass we must be respectful of other religions. If you have a problem with that rule, take it up with the boss. This seems like just a snarky thread meant to bash Anglicanism, so I'm going to lock it.