An Old School Catholic Message Board

Padre Miles' First Confessions

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Since it's my birthday in three days, I decided I wanted to go to the Renaissance Festival since I love it and I love dressing up. So I dressed up as a friar and a few friends went with me, and aside from it being frigidly cold it was a lot of fun and everything I hoped it would be. 

However, as I was walking along, two Italian wenches walked up to me. They asked for my name, and after a few minutes' banter, asked if I were a brother or a priest. When I answered a priest, they said "Padre Miles, hear our confessions!" After telling them a confession needs to be done individually, they said they would simply do it at the same time so they wouldn't be able to hear each other. 

They also decided to speak into cloths, I suppose to keep some remnant of traditional privacy in confession.

After hearing their most riveting confessions, I gave them a penance of two Rosaries each, and they went on their merry way.

A friend joked that this incurred automatic excommunication for simulation of a sacrament, but I told him it's valid during the Year of Mercy.

Here are pictures of this most historic event. Ignore the agent of Satan in the background trying to keep these women from reconciliation with God.

12047141_10153571115486335_2586281815145

12118658_10153571115616335_6655711213750

12109207_10153571115756335_7254933133876

Lol.  You look more like you were in a near occasion of sin. Heritage (Renaissance) day in Guildford last month.  

image.jpeg

PhuturePriest

Lol.  You look more like you were in a near occasion of sin. Heritage (Renaissance) day in Guildford last month.  

image.jpeg

Bwahahahaha. There was no nearing the occasion of sin, I assure you. :P

Renaissance Festivals are the best. There was a bit of good sword fighting at the one today as well. Unfortunately they ended jousting last week, but it's always fun when they do sword fights, no matter how choreographed they are.

Edited by PhuturePriest

IgnatiusofLoyola

I loved the pics. As for near occasion of sin, there may not have been any on your part, but you never know about the two women. Many "real" priests have this problem.

Perhaps we should rename you "Friar Cougar Bait" ;)

dominicansoul

I would never call you "Padre Miles."  I usually call priests by their last names out of respect, but that's just what I've always done...

IgnatiusofLoyola

going by the thread title I thought it meant it was the first time the OP went to Confession

If this was Miles' first confession that means he is only 7. He is very bright for a 7-year old.

And, his friar outfit is a totally cool Halloween costume. 

PhuturePriest

If this was Miles' first confession that means he is only 7. He is very bright for a 7-year old.

And, his friar outfit is a totally cool Halloween costume. 

You act as if I do not regularly wear Halloween costumes at my current age (which, coincidentally, will be increased by one at midnight tonight.)

I would never call you "Padre Miles."  I usually call priests by their last names out of respect, but that's just what I've always done...

Weird. With me it depends on whether I know the priest well or not. Calling a priest by their first name for me is a sign of affection for that priest.

dominicansoul

Weird. With me it depends on whether I know the priest well or not. Calling a priest by their first name for me is a sign of affection for that priest.

its just a practice i've had since i was a wee child...

I'm not sure with the time difference, but Happy Birthday Phuture Priest ! MAy God grand you many years (and Renaissance Festival, and confession !) to live ! 

PhuturePriest

I'm not sure with the time difference, but Happy Birthday Phuture Priest ! MAy God grand you many years (and Renaissance Festival, and confession !) to live ! 

Thanks!