An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuns with animals picture thread

NadaTeTurbe

IgnatiusofLoyola

Here is a link to my favorite "nuns with animals" picture. About three years ago, the Summit Dominicans rescued a baby bunny and named him Norbert. Here is a link to the page in their blog. http://summitdominicans.org/blog/2012/06/its-that-time-again?rq=Norbert  (Sorry I'm bad with linked photos.)

Note: If you read the article, you'll see that, after making sure he was okay, the nuns placed Norbert back in the wild a few hours later in as safe a place as possible. Although domestic rabbits can make wonderful pets, wild rabbits are generally unhappy in captivity, even if rescued as babies. Sometimes a rescue center will be forced to keep a wild rabbit in captivity because it has sustained injuries that keep it from surviving in the wild. This is better than setting the injured animal free, but if a wild animal is healthy, or has recovered from injuries, they are much happier in the wild. If you want a rabbit as a pet, there are usually plenty of domestic rabbits available, either for free, or for a very low price (unless you want a pedigree rabbit).

This picture is now three years old, and wild rabbits generally live for only about 2 years. However, with the prayers of the nuns, it's likely that Norbert lived a contented life (especially since he was living at Rosary Shrine, which is probably as safe as anyplace outdoors can be). Not to mention that, rabbits being rabbits, Norbert almost certainly left behind him one or more families of baby bunnies to carry on his legacy.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

sr.christinaosf

I was going to upload a pic of Sr. Rebecca with our yellow lab, Gracie, but it's too big of a file.  There's also one I've put on on our St. Anne's website of Sr. Elaine with Gracie.  

I took a really cute pic a couple weeks ago of one of our residents with Dodge, our poodle, on her walker. 

1002280_571747326201832_1868804931_n.jpg

The sisters of this community are lucky, the evening meal is going to be good ;) And it's organic :P  

And Nobert is so tiny and so cute ! I've always dream to have some kind of animals at home, but my father and I are really allergic. So, since I'm 11, I raise frogs :) 

Haha, no, I'm 19 ! I wish we could have chickens here. I wanted to say that I'm raising frog since I'm 11... It have been 8 years, I don't have any idea for their names now... !

• 1 month later...

Maybe we also need a Nuns with Guns thread... I've got at least one story involving a misty night and a guy from the KGB...

Yinepu Sanctimonialis

The Sister with a gun a bit strange for me. Interesting to see her as a professional hunter, but my humble opinion is the Holy Bible always looks much better in the sisterly hand, than anything else. :)

The Sister with a gun a bit strange for me. Interesting to see her as a professional hunter, but my humble opinion is the Holy Bible always looks much better in the sisterly hand, than anything else. :)

They have to eat, too, you know. I'm sure they're not hunting for sport. Hunting is the best way to get high-quality protein for cheap.

Yinepu Sanctimonialis

They have to eat, too, you know. I'm sure they're not hunting for sport. Hunting is the best way to get high-quality protein for cheap.

I know and understand everything :) Just in my area not really find a person with guns - except policemen - , especially not nuns :)) And protein - or not - I could not kill an animal, except if it want to attack me and must to protect my life. But it's my personal thing, I have a butcher acquaintance and I give a full respect for his job...just I asked him nicely, does not talk about his work in my presence :)