An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuns with animals picture thread

NadaTeTurbe

veritasluxmea

https://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/2013/07/01/now-thats-my-kind-of-nun/ 

Here's a little explanation. She's not a hunter, they had a nuisance permit for their property. 

The Sister with a gun a bit strange for me. Interesting to see her as a professional hunter, but my humble opinion is the Holy Bible always looks much better in the sisterly hand, than anything else. :)

Sounds like you'd be surprised at how normal people in religious life are. Some of those cloistered Carmelite sisters in the midwest are tough and practical as nails. It's not all prayers and silence, it's finding God in normal life and the practical things like being overrun with local deer. 

Sounds like you'd be surprised at how normal people in religious life are. Some of those cloistered Carmelite sisters in the midwest are tough and practical as nails. It's not all prayers and silence, it's finding God in normal life and the practical things like being overrun with local deer. 

I remember I was!  Before I met or got to know any Sisters I had my thoughts that they would be different, somehow so other worldly that the life wasnt for regular people.  Then I found, as you said, they are normal people, as well as practical and tough as nails!

Yinepu Sanctimonialis

https://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/2013/07/01/now-thats-my-kind-of-nun/ 

Here's a little explanation. She's not a hunter, they had a nuisance permit for their property. 

Sorry for my thoughts and please accept my apologies...I read the article and I had a bit different view in my head about the Sisters. And I really surprised, because in Europe I'm not heard to "being overrun local deers" or anything else similar before :) For me the Sisters are too innocent and fragile persons for these things. Thank you for the information! I've learnt something new :)

fellow european - depending on where you are in europe, you could be runover by deer.

i doubt however that you can find an "innocent and fragile" sister. what does that even mean?

all the sisters i've met and heard about tend to be normal, mature human beings....

veritasluxmea
4 hours ago, Yinepu Sanctimonialis said:

Sorry for my thoughts and please accept my apologies...I read the article and I had a bit different view in my head about the Sisters. And I really surprised, because in Europe I'm not heard to "being overrun local deers" or anything else similar before :) For me the Sisters are too innocent and fragile persons for these things. Thank you for the information! I've learnt something new :)

It's ok, don't worry about it. Sorry for sounding so short in my tone, I don't quite have the patience I used to. 

Yinepu Sanctimonialis
1 hour ago, josephine said:

fellow european - depending on where you are in europe, you could be runover by deer.

i doubt however that you can find an "innocent and fragile" sister. what does that even mean?

all the sisters i've met and heard about tend to be normal, mature human beings....

1 hour ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

Go to Bavaria, and you will soon understand the meaning of being runover by deers...  

Have some fact and I cannot bypass the question. The fact : in Hungary very hard to get a licence for any kind of weapons and you need a licence also if you want to hunt, maybe it is much more harder than the my first statement. The only option to facilitate your request if you have a good relation at the actual office/company or a lot of money...

And of course a nun/monk can live a normal human life in their monastery but first : I believe in animal rights (and the accidents with animals is different situations it can happens) as I have mentioned previously it is my decision , and If I see a bleeding critter I feel a terrible pain in my heart...It is my problem, or weakness. We need a protein and I also eat a meat, eggs. But I always would like to believe that animal who has died for me, died with the possible minimal/lesser pain.And also I idealise all of the religious persons from my childhood, I find them special ones who have a stronger spiritual connection with the God (than a laic person) and they get a special invitation to fight for us/our sins with prayers and exemplification..and for this long and winding road, we need to give/help them everything (as we should do it for all of our brothers and sisters), because they have the ability to be strong in their vows, faith, and obedience. And Okay...they are strong in spirit, they must strong in body, stamina and everything (as all the Sacred Persons did in the history, mostly who made a lot of sacrifices for us)...But also I believe in the men should also protect all women (nuns) and all women should take care for all men (monks) ...Ideals... my Human/Christian love for them, for everyones , because with their exist, they are remind us for the past and for what/who we are ...Sorry for these blabs about my everything. But I start to talk about something, and it can be weird if I don't talk more about my thoughts, reasons. It's my thing...

P.S.: Those ones we love, we can find sometimes, to need protect them...because we worries about they are maybe innocent, and fragile... 

2 hours ago, Yinepu Sanctimonialis said:

Have some fact and I cannot bypass the question. The fact : in Hungary very hard to get a licence for any kind of weapons and you need a licence also if you want to hunt, maybe it is much more harder than the my first statement. The only option to facilitate your request if you have a good relation at the actual office/company or a lot of money...

And of course a nun/monk can live a normal human life in their monastery but first : I believe in animal rights (and the accidents with animals is different situations it can happens) as I have mentioned previously it is my decision , and If I see a bleeding critter I feel a terrible pain in my heart...It is my problem, or weakness. We need a protein and I also eat a meat, eggs. But I always would like to believe that animal who has died for me, died with the possible minimal/lesser pain.And also I idealise all of the religious persons from my childhood, I find them special ones who have a stronger spiritual connection with the God (than a laic person) and they get a special invitation to fight for us/our sins with prayers and exemplification..and for this long and winding road, we need to give/help them everything (as we should do it for all of our brothers and sisters), because they have the ability to be strong in their vows, faith, and obedience. And Okay...they are strong in spirit, they must strong in body, stamina and everything (as all the Sacred Persons did in the history, mostly who made a lot of sacrifices for us)...But also I believe in the men should also protect all women (nuns) and all women should take care for all men (monks) ...Ideals... my Human/Christian love for them, for everyones , because with their exist, they are remind us for the past and for what/who we are ...Sorry for these blabs about my everything. But I start to talk about something, and it can be weird if I don't talk more about my thoughts, reasons. It's my thing...

P.S.: Those ones we love, we can find sometimes, to need protect them...because we worries about they are maybe innocent, and fragile... 

You have a very Victorian notion of nuns. Some religious houses still have that notion, too. But most of the women on here are in the United States, and there are some real "frontierswomen" among our sisters.

I don't think it's good to idealize religious or priests. They're regular human beings. Yes, they have a special vocation to pray for us, but we have also to pray for them. The religious, clerical, and lay vocations complement one another. We need them all.

Not all religious are strong in body. St. Therese was quite sickly. Many other religious saints throughout history have been, too. It's important to see them as individual human beings with as much variation as lay people have among themselves.

As for men and women protecting and caring for one another: I agree with you on that. If you believe that men and women are complementary to one another, I hope that you can see that the various vocations are as well.

Edited by Gabriela

Americans (and I am sure other cultures as well) treat animals as pets and the majority of people in cities don't really have any experience with hunting as a pastime. To us, the image alone, seems very startling because we do tend to see deers as "Bambi!" Also, many of us are afraid of guns. (Notice I said us...)