An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Scholastica's Priory

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

My mother heard about a Monastic Experience retreat at St. Scholastica's Priory in Massachusetts, and asked me if I wanted to go. Does anyone know anything about this convent or had any contact with them?

Thanks!

– Cilla

I have a friend who went on retreat with them. She's non-Catholic (not even Christian) and she enjoyed it very much. She reported that they must use a lot of Latin, because she couldn't understand much. The monks and the sisters often pray the Divine Office together. That's all I know of them.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Fine community. I've known them for 40 years. They've had their growing pains but with M. Mary Elizabeth there has been a lot more stability. I think they have a novice right now.

They are a "twin" community with St. Mary's Monastery. They share Office and Mass. Their monastery is partly an old home, partly an addition. The chapel is a lot nicer than the photo and the tabernacle happens to come from SUMMIT, NJ! As there is only the parish and us it must come from the Parish which at one time has a large convent of sisters.

They pray most of the Office in Latin and their choir mistress, Sr. Mary Frances trained in Vienna as a singer.

Just go visit! :-)

veritasluxmea

I've heard positive things about them, mostly that they are a faithful community. If you have the opportunity to visit I'd go for it!