An Old School Catholic Message Board

For a woman who has suffered so much

Catherine Therese

Catherine Therese

She lived a terrifying childhood as a victim of severe abuse. 

Now she is a mother of 4 children (2 are adults and 2 are teenagers) and she has done an incredible job of breaking the cycle. But she's having a rough time with her health. A couple of years ago she had major back surgery. Just this year she has had two major surgeries to remove a large portion of her bowel. There was a complication last Friday and she almost passed away. The various medications that she takes to help manage her mental health conditions have had to cease while she is treated for her current bowel problems, and this increases the impact of her past - she is vulnerable right now as well as suffering. 

Although she is more than 15 years older than me, I have a sort of "spiritual motherhood" relationship with her.  

Please pray for my "daughter" - for physical healing, for protection from harm whilst she is exposed to greater mental health risk at present, for growth in her spiritual life and for a tangible awareness of the closeness of her Heavenly Father during this time of suffering. 

Thank you!