An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosarium Virginis Mariae

Seven77

Since today is the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, I decided to read (skim) through Pope St. JPII's Letter on the rosary that he wrote in 2002, when he announced the mysteries of light. When I read it for the 1st time, a lot of his words just jumped out at me and enhanced my prayer life at the time. And now that I'm skimming through it, I'm realizing just how much of it has stayed with me. Powerful, penetrating words.

Again and again, JPII reminds the reader that the rosary is contemplating the face of Christ, so as to incorporate him, to learn him, through the contemplative eyes of his Mother. When we pray the rosary, we are being formed by Our Lady-- we sit at her school and she teaches us Jesus by taking us by the hand and walking us through his life. Mother Mary, the perfect disciple and the one closest to her Son, opens us up to the work of the Holy Spirit who conforms us to Christ.

As the whole month of October, not just today, is dedicated to praying the rosary, I thought It would be good to start a conversation on the subject--- speaking of which....

Contemplating Christ's birth, they learn of the sanctity of life; seeing the household of Nazareth, they learn the original truth of the family according to God's plan; listening to the Master in the mysteries of his public ministry, they find the light which leads them to enter the Kingdom of God; and following him on the way to Calvary, they learn the meaning of salvific suffering. Finally, contemplating Christ and his Blessed Mother in glory, they see the goal towards which each of us is called, if we allow ourselves to be healed and transformed by the Holy Spirit.

amen, St JPII amen!